Reversal Imminent Need Support

In this discussion
Replies
Views
VeganMidiMan

I've got a colostomy reversal scheduled for mid-June. I have to do this, as while having the colostomy 6 months ago probably saved my life, it also ruined what was left. I am alive but have virtually no life beyond maintaining the ostomy. Anyway, I am hoping to find people who've been through this with whom I might connect, and perhaps actually talk. The docs have explained the procedure, but I'm just not getting what I need so that I can go into this with some semblance of confidence and reduction of fear. I need to hear from others who've been through it. Anyone willing to speak with me, please contact me and let me know how to be in touch. Thanks for all your support.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Irjosh

I'm in the same exact boat! Don't know how to help.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Heidi92

I had my ileostomy reversed on October the twenty-third 2015. I was in the hospital for eight days due to nausea and vomiting. Finally, five days post-op I was able to eat solids. I had very little pain with this operation. Except for being a little fatigued, I feel great! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Good luck! Heidi