What's your stoma's name? Share your creative names!

Replies
Views
Attill the hen

I call mine Stumpy the Stoma. He (I wonder why I think it is a he?) looks like a little stump of something.

Hanaleah

I call my stoma Oscar after The Odd Couple. Guess which role is mine? It makes it easy to talk about when other people are around.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,356 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

suzeekew

No need to apologize for your sense of humor, Bill. I thought your post was quite funny - chuckle funny.

Your research turned into an interesting, enjoyable post.

Bill

Hello  suzeekew.

Thanks for your post and your feedback on the humour. It always feels good to know that someone, somewhere shares a similar sense of humour, even if it is a bit obscure in presentation.

Best wishes

Bill

Paull0288

Why?

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Paull0288.

Does your 'why?' mean - what reasons are there? If so, can you be a little more precise as to what subject you are asking the question about so that we can focus more accurately on trying to find some answers.

Thanks.

Best wishes

Bill

Jellybean82

I had never named my urostomy anything, but after I had gotten my ileostomy, the stoma nurse suggested that I should name them both. So, after much thinking, I came up with Rosie for my uro and Winnie after Winnie the Pooh for my ileostomy.

Welshman

Gucci is her name.

Hanaleah

Hi,

I call my stoma Oscar. The reason is that my husband is a Felix and I am an Oscar as well, of course, my ostomy can be messy too, sometimes.

Past Member

Partly due to my ostomy only being temporary, I haven't given my stoma a nickname. However, when I was taking a bath last night, I was thinking how it's like a spigot or a tap on the outside of my body. Then I thought, so it's a "crap tap"! Laughed myself silly for a few minutes. So, unofficially, that's its nickname. :-)

Bill

Hello Scout Finch. Thanks for the smile you  gave me this morning.

I do like the 'crap-tap' label as it is so functionally descriptive and can be used as a generic term for all feacal stomas.

freedancer

Min actually has 4 names. Maxine, Pelosi, Wilson, Lee!

Cherrioats

I've named mine T.C. for Tummy Cork.

heavensown australian she

I named mine Ill because it makes me ill as crap all the time. It leaks at the worst possible time in the world it could. I hate it but again, as said in the previous post, it did save my life along with chemo and other drugs.

iMacG5

I still haven't named it but was thinking "Skip".  Now I can skip the butt cleaning part.

Mike

Bluetrain67

Mr. O

Past Member

No, I haven't named it. Have you? I have had mine since '08. I think it probably won't happen. How is your day going?

sassie

I named mine Alice and you little shit, I can't get it in my head it's my butt so a name was needed to get past the shock, now I'm kinda fond of her. LOL

HarleySue

I like to see that people name their ostomy, thought I was weird! Mr. O is fitting Bluetrain67. I like yours, Sassie. I first started to call mine Turtle (because it goes in and out), but one day I yelled, "Get in there, you little turtle!" My 26-year-old daughter came in and said, "Get in where?" She then yelled, "Eww, mom!" You see, I've called her Turtle since she was a baby! So now it's just my red button as my grandangels call it! Please keep posting your quirky names for your stomas!

Past Member

Chucky.... Because it's the devil

He will leak even after I've just showered and changed, only to find a pile of bile in my lap

I can go see the loudest action movie ever, but he will wait for the quietest passage to gurgle and fart

I used to refer to him as my little buddy, he is anything but...lol

I'm tired of sleeping on my back, I'm a side sleeper, but it deforms the disc and it leaks

Just being honest here, this sucks! But that can be life in general, so I try not to complain.

I am thankful for my current health, such as it is, I realized I had a successful surgery with no complications. I will win, been a fighter all my life.. FU Chucky, you ain't holding me back!

freedancer

You should make an appointment with your stoma nurse so they can help you find a product that will work better for you. Try Marathon No Sting Cyanacrylate Skin Protectant by Medline. It is really strong and could help your bag and barrier to not leak. Let us know how you do, OK? Good luck! Pamela

ShyIntrovert

My 1st ileo was Spewie.

Now my C-Ostomy is named Peek-a-Poo since it likes to move in and out, lol.

Past Member

I named mine Jake. My abdominal scar is Cousin Larry, my chemo port is named Pearl, and while I was on 5FU, for 48 hours, that was Aunt Ethyl visiting Pearl. When I go to radiation, that is Chernobyl. I nickname everyone and everything......lol

Past Member

Have you tried a pillow between your legs? I am a side sleeper, and the pillow prevents me from rolling onto my belly. When that happens, I wake up to an explosion. I also have pads in between the sheets and mattress. It is cheaper to replace a set of sheets, rather than replace a mattress.

Marye

Love your response!

Marye

Mine will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I called him Lucky for several reasons. Lucky to be here at all and lucky for me it works.

Had the name right away, but couldn't look at it for the first month. We're getting to know each other, and I agree with others, very protective of him/her.

Ladyhawke

Mines Bink...after a Pitbull....lol

Ladyhawke

Mines Bink...after a Pitbull....they can be vicious...lol

Past Member

I am the same way.... Lucky to be here, so therefore, I am giving others reassurance, along with support. I used to be a very negative person, and I am thinking all of this happened to me for a good reason..... to spread the benefits of looking on the brighter side of everything. We could be very well looking at the grass roots, instead of the green grass.

Bagface

Mine is called Cinderella