What are you most afraid of... A fun poll of sorts.... :)

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Txgirl

Ok, here is another question for y'all...just out of curiosity...what are you most afraid of?
i.e. spiders, snakes, etc.

I have 2 things....Clowns getting stabbed...omg, can you imagine a clown stabbing me?!??? Holy crap!, now I won't sleep....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Waking up after a drunk between Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi...and both of them are smiling!!!! God, pass the Listerine!!!..........

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Txgirl

..Ok, that beats my "getting stabbed by a clown" scenario.. LMAO.. That's awesome.... Sorry, I'm a "righty" not a lefty.....

weewee

Hmm, the scariest thing I can think of would be a smiling lawyer with his hand out.

Txgirl

That is pretty terrifying!! LOL

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
jonnyt41

I guess I'm most afraid of alligators (though I love crocodiles!) and snakes.

gutenberg
Nothing scares me more than having a blockage in my ileostomy, they were worse than the operations (4) but since the last op about 3 years ago, haven't had one, knock on wood (as I tap on my head). Ed
lottagelady

I have an irrational fear of worms and anything with 'segments' in its body, like woodlice, maggots..... ugh! My skin is crawling writing this!

eddie

MMSH, she said, "Fear not your worst nightmare."
Eddie

gutenberg
Re: MMSH, but think of what the pictures would be worth. Hell, I'd be first in line to buy one.
eddie

On a serious note, Txgirl, I am afraid of dying of cancer, losing control, the pain, etc. But on a silly note, electric thingy's, I am always just sure I am going to get shocked, ha!

eddie

Mike

After having a colostomy and a revision, nothing scares me. Oh wait, my ex coming back, that would scare me to death!!

Gus

Big hairy huntsman spiders, can't stand the f**in things

Past Member
Hey Eddie...here's a tip about electric things. Electricity makes the muscles contract...if you must touch something that you are unsure of....then touch it first with the back of your hand. If you get shocked, the contraction will "throw" your hand off it........just one of those handy bits of info to store away....
Txgirl

Eddie...on my serious note...I am terrified of someone breaking into my house and murdering me...I know it sounds morbid but I guess that's what you fear when you were raised by a cop! LOL
I am going to try that "back of the hand" thingy with electric shocks, I hate that too!!

Past Member

Snakes scared me a few years ago. When I was getting in the car in the garage, I saw a snake on the floor. It made me glad to have a bag, or else my undies would have needed changing.

Past Member

Hell yes!!!    Especially when they drop down from your visor when you flip it down whilst driving!!! Jesus!!!
Past Member

Yes and them!   Had a whopping great dugite (quite deadly WA bastards) hanging out in the backyard a while back.....nothing a quick thwack across the head with a shovel couldn't fix!!!   Oh the joys of Australian venomous wildlife, hey!!!
budd002

I like to think I'm fearless, but when it comes down to it and I think about it, I have a fear of falling. Not just tripping and hitting the ground, I've done that drunk many times. I mean falling like off a roof and anything that has a long distance to go. Therefore, you will NEVER find me skydiving!

I also have an ostomy fear of an explosion happening when I'm at some shindig all prettied up trying to be on my best behavior. I always carry medical tape with me just in case....

eddie

Hi MMSH, about a year ago, a doctor was cardioverting a patient from a rapid abnormal heart rate. Hopefully, to a normal rate, they use a machine that delivers a shock to the heart, which stops the heart for a second. And when it restarts in a normal rate rhythm, he asked me to turn the patient to the side (he wanted to shock back to front). He is supposed to look and say "clear" three times. Needless to say, he didn't!! And the shock went into my body via the hand. The good thing about this is the patient was not harmed - was shocked again and converted nicely. The second best thing is when he shocked the first time, my hand flew back and whacked him in the face. That was a Kodak moment. I will remember your information. It seems like I get shocked a lot, probably no more than anyone else. I just think so because I hate it so much!

bamatex

Being eaten alive by some kind of animal... bear, big cat, alligator or crocodile, shark etc. Have had nightmares about it.

WOUNDED DOE

Tornadoes and Air Travel! ...At least I can control the air travel thing, nobody will ever get me on a plane ever again, nope, never, I absolutely panic ....And tornadoes and severe thunderstorms scare the beejeebers out of me!

WOUNDED DOE
Yes!!!  That is something else as far as my fears go...the shark thing....good lord yeah....ever since I was a little girl I have had recurring nightmares of being on a huge ship that is slowly sinking and getting swallowed up by black waters and there are people screaming all around me, and I actually feel as though I experience drowning in that dream, the fear, growing weak from struggling in the icy water, trying to keep my nose above water and the huge ship like a mountain sinking only feet away from me...then the sudden tug on my leg as I get pulled straight down so fast and the muffled noises and bubbles..

...a shark has me and the last thing I recall before waking is looking up to see the kicking legs of other people below the surface of the water as I am being pulled farther below them....I wake up shaking and my pillow is usually damp from sweat, it's horrible...very upsetting.  That is why I have mentioned to friends that I am scared to death of what I call "big water" .... I prefer to stick to my Wisconsin lakes and rivers......unless I know I can SAFELY see the ocean one day...but I'd be a bit nervous about it lol.
Past Member

Holy cow, doe! What a vivid mental image that is. No cruise ships for me now!
WOUNDED DOE

LOL ... Sorry MildMannered! ... Didn't mean to drag you down with me hehee ... Yeah, those nightmares have always been as vivid as any reality could ever be! Yikes! I'm always quite happy to wake up and realize I'm on dry land.

gutenberg
Something I always dream about, and its not as bad as it seems NOW but at the time, wowee. I was at the pain clinic (a good name) . In any event the doctor had placed about a dozen acupuncture needles in me that were hooked up to a machine which they gradually increased the voltage. In my case the Doc forgot to turn back the volume of the TENS unit and when he turned it on I was bouncing like I was in the DT's. he immediately turned the machine off and ended my therapy for the day, then the blame game started, when he blamed the nurse she wasn't taking any shit from him as she told him she just came on shift. He asked her who was the last one to use the machine, she sweetly said, why it was you doctor, it was funny listening to him try to squirm out of it. And for all of this I had to travel 300 miles, 150 both ways. And this was only one of the misfortunes I encountered at the pain clinic, enough for now. Ed.
lottagelady

Errrrrm...... Are you actually saying this was reality rather than a dream/fear? I horribly suspect you are........ ? xx
Txgirl

Wow... being stabbed by a clown doesn't seem as bad as going down with the ship and pain clinics! LOL Y'all are awesome!

vulcanBMk2

UK Hospital Food - "The bastards tried to kill me" !!!!!!!!!!

lottagelady

Oh Lord, which hospital, you aren't that far away from me. Am I going to get poisoned too? Welcome back x