Air Tattoo 2016: Thrilling Aircraft Displays and VIP Viewing Experience

Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2

It's that time of year again for me. This year, I have a Sunday ticket for the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire, UK. The runway is 2 miles long and the display is 8 hours of fast, noisy, and furious aircraft. Looks like this year the whole world and his air force will be there. As I'm getting on a bit, I also paid for and got a wristband for the Viewing Village (Grandstand, Garden seats with own catering, drinks, toilets, and left luggage department). It will be great to have a base camp with seating to recover too after doing shopping, exhibits, shows, and Air Force/Squadron info tents. Some people do the whole 6 days, but one is enough for me.

I have one distinct advantage, that (depending on traffic) I only live an hour's drive away.

All we need is some sun and clear skies...

Bill

Sounds like a great day out. Good luck with the weather.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gracie in texas

vulcanBMk2

Bill

Great photos!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ewesful

I am envious! Hopefully I will visit the grandkids when I can see it!

vulcanBMk2

Hi there again Ewesful.... RIAT Tattoo is usually some time in the first 2 weeks of July every year. If you are visiting, it's Royal International Air Tattoo, RAF Fairford. Gloucestershire. UK