Feedback on Siltac Gel/Rings for Stoma Leaks & Availability in USA?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
sooziq

Has anyone used any Siltac gel or rings? Are they good for flush stoma leaks? Do they sell to the USA? I requested a sample over a month ago and have heard nothing. Thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

Hi Sooziq,

I have never used the Siltac gel, but I have tried the Brava moldable rings. Coloplast makes them, just be sure to get the right thickness as I mistakenly got ones way too thick and am waiting on a new order of the thinner type. If you requested a sample, why don't you do a follow-up, maybe give them a call. Sometimes things go wrong on the computer and they may not have gotten your request.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

I use the Econ ring which was suggested by my ostomy nurse. It was a godsend. I have not had a leak since.

ivastoma

I absolutely love the trio rings. In fact, I'm wearing my last sample ring now. If you order them online, the cost is about $68.00 including postage, and this is a box of 10. I have not checked with Byram Healthcare to see if they supply them, but I have a feeling they don't. I usually wear a clear bag, and one reason I like the trio ring is that it doesn't swell up and leave sticky goo on the inside of your bag. Yes, I do like to take a look at Stephanie occasionally to see how things are 'going!'

funnygurl

Where did you get them?

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ivastoma

Go to shop.trioostomy.com

Mine were samples from a while back. The first time I tried one, I got itchy after a day or two, so I thought I was allergic. But that was months ago and I wore this last one for 6 days with no problem and no leak at all. AND it came off so easily and left no sticky residue at all.

Ok... I JUST NOW called Trio. They are only sold online right now, BUT they are in the process of getting approval for distribution by Byram and other distributors....which means the product is being tried out by customers for likability, etc. AND I called my insurance company and was told I can file for out-of-network benefits which are paid at 60%.

I also called Byram to verify that they do not sell these yet, and the representative asked about Trio. She said she had never heard of it and was very glad for my endorsement of the product. She said she would definitely relay my opinion to her superiors.

So after you try the product and if you like it, call your distributor and ask them to check into carrying Trio. I think the companies really do listen to us!

Mrs.A

The website was easy to find: http://trioostomycare.com/product-range/siltac-ostomy-seal/

Maybe soon they will bring it to the US.

ivastoma

Hello again y'all, I just found out yesterday that Byrum does now supply trio rings. Probably other trio items as well. Hooray!

Homie With A Stomie NS

I always use rings when changing time since using a ring prevents leaks, skin damage, and bag wear. I can go up to 7 days, but it is not recommended. Currently, I use the moldable #12037 Coloplast.

Happy Saturday.

Tracy.