And More Questions

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
And a good evening to all. A recent post has got me wondering. When I had my two operations that ended with an ileostomy, the nurse who was trying to teach me the ropes showed me how to use Coloplast Strip Paste. Now, this went on after the wafer was already on. Question: Is this the norm or were others taught a different way. Enquiring minds (or half a mind) would like to know. Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Gus

Ok, describe strip paste. Is that the stuff you put on the wafer to help it seal better, sorta like a brownish colored paste that hardens slightly?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
eddie

Hi Ed, is that Adapt Paste? When I switched to rings, I was told to stop the paste that they replaced. If you are using it just for a secure fit, the ring should take its place unless the strips are used as a filler. If you do not have any cavities to fill, the ring alone should work. Using the ring with paste could cause a seal problem. Hope this made sense, Eddie.

gutenberg
Yo Gus, Yep you described it perfectly.
Hi Eddie, Thanks for the in formation, I was going to give the stuff away and wanted some confirmation. Thank you both.Your both a veritable fountain of information.
eddie

Hey Ed, I was pondering on your paste problem. What you could do is wrap it up all pretty like with ribbons, bows, and place it under the old Christmas tree for a least favorite relative with dentures! I'm just saying.

Eddie

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
eddie

Ed, me again. Maybe you could send it to MMSH to use for gasket glue!!! If it keeps using ileo's from blowing, it should have another use, don't ya think??
Eddie

gutenberg
The question was really worth asking, talk about ideas coming to mind, love that denture idea, could go places with that one. Could always cut small chunks off the ends and paste them on Ken and Barbie dolls. You know, having a bad day for them. Ed
Gus

I use the adhesive paste and put it on the wafer before I stick it on. I leave about a 5 mm gap from the hole and press it down firmly. On hot days when I'm active and sweating a lot, the paste does break down and leak, but mostly it sticks, firms up, and provides a good seal for 4-6 days.