Anyone Want to Compare Notes

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Lookingforfriends

just wondering what others experience

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bettyjoe

hello i find hat when i am specific and ask the question i will get replies.i search, read and explore forums to gather information as it relates to this new way of life.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Lookingforfriends

Okay that sounds like what I should do. Thanks.

Bill

Hello lookingforfriends.

I wasn't quite sure whether your reply to Bettyjoe meant that you were going to be more specific about your questions or whether you were going to look through the forums to gather information,or both. I do hope you carry on posting your own questions as this is what keeps this sort of site vibrant and alive.

Best wishes

Bill

Lookingforfriends

Thanks Bill, I think I will try to look through the posts and see if I can get any information that way. Thanks for the reply.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Bill

Hello Lookingforfriends. Thanks for letting us know about which direction you are looking to get your information. If you look on the left hand side of the screen under 'CONTENT' and go down to 'COLLECTIONS' you will find lots of old posts that have been sorted into interesting categories. I sometimes browse through the ones that are most pertinent to me and get some useful information. I also browse the others but that's probably because I'm just plain nosey!

Best wishes

Bill

charann52

Good Grief! This "lady" sounds just like our catfisher from Inspire who is also using the moniker "Searchingforafriend". Is there no end to this!

Bobby, I think you'd better go get some help and stop wasting the time of these people. Very few of them are qualified to deal with your specific mental issues.

I am astounded by your lack of originality. You are so obvious that I can only assume ;you are so desperate you ;will do anything for attention ;- no matter how negative it is.

One thing though you have certainly kept me entertained for the past few days but that too is now wearing a bit thin.

Lookingforfriends

I'm not sure what's going on here, this is new territory for me but I don't understand if your talking to me Charann52, I'm just trying to find my way through the forums.

Bill

Hello Lookingforfriends.

One of the problems with having a name that sounds and reads so much like 'searchingforafriend' is that you might get mistaken for being the same person. I get it all the time with the name Bill Withers. Apparently, there is a singer with the same name and a doctor working within ten miles of me.

I don't take it personally when people get us confused but I do like you have done and simply put them right.

It may be that charann52 wasn't referring to you at all, in which case I do hope she comes back to make that clear. However, I would urge you not to be put off by what you may percieve to be comments directed at you. because one's perception can be so distorted at times.

Best wishes in your search for information

Bill  

charann52

I'm pretty sure I was crystal clear in my comment and I haven't changed my mind.I see too many similarities here, not just in the name, but in the general writing style, the excessive number of postings for a newbie, and in the profile info. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Don't fret about this, Kentucky lady, if that's who you really are. Just move on because that's what I'm going to do. I am done with the Bobby saga - he has been exposed and ;since he lacks originality will be easy to spot if he decides to return. Bill seems to be anxious to help him with his issues so if he does come back, in whatever persona, he will have someone to listen to him.

Charann

Lookingforfriends

Charann, there is no need to apologize, no worries at all I'm not going to fret. I can see that you may be leery because of what happened on here with Bobby but I can promise you that I am who I say I am. It's unfair to people that just want to learn a few things or maybe make a friend but I'm not going to I let one bad apple make me angry. I do want to point out that I don't think I have excessive posts, I rarely post anything but it doesn't matter. I understand that you must feel betrayed and we have enough to deal with without fraud! ;thanks for the response, I was confused as to why you seemed angry with me but I do understand. :)

Lookingforfriends

Thanks Bill, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me that, my feelings were hurt because I didn't understand why she was angry with me, maybe I should change my name. I really couldn't think of anything very original. Thank ps for the encouragement.

Bill

Hello LFF. Your most welcome.

At least my own name confusion is usually with people who are liked and respected so I don't feel that respondents are resentful of me.

If I was in a position where I had a name the same or similar to someone who was behaving badly, I too might consider changing it. However, I do think that charann52 is right, in that whilst this thread has been very useful for all sorts of reasons, it is perhaps now time to move on.

I hope you can do so with a positive attitude and I also hope that you find what you are looking for on this site.

Best wishes

Bill

AusRob

Good afternoon all.... I am just a bit confused with this site and someone may be able to assist me.. When I joined as a member some 12 months ago, the site was headed as for Gay Men and I was pleased to find this as it catered for men such as myself who had personal health and sexual problems. Perhaps I misunderstood, or, the site that I want is buried deeper with this structure.

I appreciate that both male and female Ostomates do have common stoma health problems and it's great to share these matters. But when it comes to sexual problems and stomas, for myself I would rather discuss these with another gay man.

Over to you members please... cheers.. Ausrob. Melbourne / Australia

Bill

Hello Ausrob.

I'm sorry to hear that your first impressions of this site were that it was for gay men. I cannot remember seeing anything that gave me that first impression. Indeed,  if that were the case, I would have expected many less women posting and more gay men. It is understandable that you would prefer to discuss sexual problems with those of a similar sexual persuasion to yourself and I hope that you might meet someone on here who will communicate with you if they feel some affinity with your position.  However, as far as I am aware, the subject has only come up on one previous occasion so I suspect that there are either not many gay men contributing to this site, or they prefer not to let that fact be known to the wider audience. Maybe, if there are some suitable people reading this and if they don't want to contributeon the open forum, then they might like to send you a message and start a conversation that way. 

I hope you find what you are looking for soon

Best wishes

Bill