Preventing & Treating Pouch Rash in Hot Weather

In this discussion
Replies
Views
streetrod

Can anyone tell me if they get a rash on their leg under their pouch during the hot weather and if so, what do you do to prevent and cure it? Thank you, Steve.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kbd

Maybe try antifungal cream.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
streetrod

Thank you for the return message. I use that already. It works, but I'm wondering if there's any remedy on how to prevent the rash.

Mrs.A

What about just using some underarm antiperspirant there? Seems to me since it happens during hot weather, antiperspirant might be helpful.

streetrod

Mrs A, I'll try that. Thanks.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mrs.A

Immarsh

Hi, I just read your posts, and although the season has changed, I thought I'd answer. I have very sensitive skin, and can get a "heat" rash easily from damp skin, especially when the pouch rubs against it (on my belly). Female underwear is different than males, and I fold up the pouch, so it fits in the elastic bottom of my panties. But I also use Z absorb, which is an antifungal powder. It's an over-the-counter item, and works very well in leg creases, and anywhere the pouch touches. But be careful not to get it under the wafer, as it will impair adhesion of the wafer. Good luck. Marsha

streetrod

Thanks for the reply, Steve

Hanaleah

You need to change the type of pouch you are using. I would suggest that you look at the Coloplast.

They are small, they have textile material, they dry very fast after a shower, and they are very comfortable.

Look up the Sensura Mio. I think you will be impressed.