Renal cell carcinoma and my experience of Rectal Cancer

In this discussion
Replies
Views
yellowjack11

in 2000 Katie Couric, Idol had lost her husband to Colon Cancer so she went Live TV on Morning show to have one herself...that is what made me have one in 2001, my Dr. Pollop found nothing . and even though it was in my Famley he said you can wait 10 YEARS, WRONG....when I got mine I had developed Rectal Cancer...much harder to treat than Colon cancer...they can just take out the effected part...and that is it....well notsomuch I had the tomour ;removed and my bowels rerouted while I had a reversal Illiastomy ...after 3 months I had the reversal done..it had not spread..so no treaments...all was well, pretty much except my Blader incontinance...but over all good...even made a trip to Montego Bay..Jamaica..wonderful...my Colonostime came back good..this past Jan...but I knew something was wrong...your body will tell you...so lissen ..as it happend the Damn Cancer was back..same place....so no I have no rectum...and a Bag...but the worst thing is the Hernia behind my Stoma...whch is the size of a half large orange..no good fit...for my Bags..so I get leakage...O ;Joy nice way to wake up in the wee hours of the morning....CRAP...yelp...now after surgery to remove a hernia...back in May....it's BACK...the Hernia...HELP......NO SPELL CHECK SORRY..

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

yellowjack--I too am from raleigh, nc. I too had an unbelievable experience as far as medical care or lack thereof. I am not a full member, but would love to hear from you. If you are a full member, you can message me and I can answer. I'd love to speak with you

Peace

Nancy

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
streetrod

Hi Yellowjack I had my colon rectum removed in 1994 and have a iliostomy. i know what your going thru. I didnt have cancer I had ulcerative colitis for 15 years before my surgery. So if you need to talk ill listen and we can chat and exchange experiences if you feel comfortable. Steve

Anoniem18

I guess I'm the lucky one, after numerous test for heart problems it turned out four masses of colon/colorectal cancer; after five days I went home with a permanent ileostomy, went through several months of chemo and radiation, luckily without side effects, continued working. Now have a grapefruit size hernia, again luckily without pain, and developed a methodology to manage to have the appliance last for five to seven days without leaks. Check my blogs for more information or you can contact me directly.

In spite of my age I am on multiple social media i.e. facebook etc. so you can search me and contact me here or there.

Cheers,

Ed Maste