Lactose Intolerant Gone

Replies
Views
Hermit

Hope this helps someone. 5 months ago, I had my 2nd ileostomy surgery. For some reason, I could not eat or drink anything with lactose. Also had very bad stomach pains. I drank a malt one day and before I arrived home, my bag blew off due to gas. I read that if you changed your diet, you may can correct the problem. I never eat fast food or fried food. I steam just about all my food and really boil things like chicken. All my foods are soft. I eat probiotics every meal. Yogurt, cottage cheese with flax seed oil. For some reason, I am now able to eat lactose products. Stomach problems are gone. Good luck!

Beshlie

That's brilliant for you, Honest Abe. I will always be lactose intolerant because the part of my bowel which dealt with lactose is missing now. Sounds like it is something to do with your diet or maybe you will never know!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hermit

I believe what you consume controls everything.