Haikus Anyone?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
NJ Bain

I remember doing this in grammar school but thought I would see if anyone wanted to try and come up with some funny ones.

Remember, 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables. For example.

Haikus are easy

But sometimes they don't make sense

Hippopotomus

Bain

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NJ Bain

Ok.....well, that was a complete waste of a forum post.....lol

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mild_mannered_super_hero

actually, i had never heard the word "Haikus" , but i was afraid to say it....evidently i am not alone !!

Primeboy

I remember hearing about haikus and wakas in school many years ago as very precise, short ;forms of Japanese poetry. When it comes to funny poems, however, nothing comes close to the 5 line limerick which has been in our culture for many centuries and lends itself so well to so many different situations. Many of the best and funniest limericks ;make ;reference to basic body functions. Some even relate to us folks with ostomies. Here's one I found.

My cancer is gone now, hooray!
It's the start of a brand new day!
To eat now I'm able
But I poop through my navel,
And my rectum has gone M.I.A!

No post here is wasted.

PB

NJ Bain

No worries Hero. It's pronounced "high coo" or "coos" in the plural.

And well played PB. Of course "The man from Nantucket" limerick is dirty but classic.

I'm glad someone reads these. lol

Bain

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Bain. I think that lots of people read the posts but far fewer know how to reply appropriately. That's me in this case!

Just as well we've got people like PB & MMSH can come up with appropriate responses.

At least it is educational for us that have never heard of it.

Best wishes

Bill

texazgal

I don't (can't) write these, but I have a friend who does. I'd like to share a couple of his. Hope he won't mind.

Everything has a ;<>secret Soul which is silent<>more often than it speaks

Cicadas sang her
up to Heaven's door today
sang to my wet face

^on his dead cat

to watch in Silence
as Dawn prepares her altar
with hues, silhouettes...