Compatibility Query

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
Hi all, hope you're all having a good day. I have a question maybe somebody could answer for me: I am using Hollister flange and pouch. Question, would Eakin Rings be compatible with Hollister. Thanking you in advance, Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

m-fran21

Guttenberg, I have been using the Eakin cohesive seal with Hollister wafer and seal, and I don't use any paste. I have had no problems.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
gutenberg
I thank you kind sir, hope you're having a good day, Ed
lottagelady

I think that my use of the rings has contributed to the leaks I've been getting at the seal between the plastic ring and the fabric - as in my previous post. I've stopped using them for now and things do seem a little better, so maybe there was a correlation for some reason?
weewee

I use the Ekins seals and I also have Hollister adhesive spray #7730. The only problem I have is I melt the wax rings away, so the spray helps me as a backup.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
eddie

Hi Ed, I have used both without any problems although I like Hollister rings better, but of course different things work for different people.

Eddie

jeaniefrances

They will work just fine, I use them myself with no adverse effect. I have two bags, lucky me, and I have to use cement on the side for urine, but use the rings on the other side. That side is my good child, the other side is my problem child. HA! Jeanie