Motorbikes

In this discussion
Replies
Views
celia55

Hi, I am seeking a motorbiker in the South West for friendship first. I am a good pillion (the best). I have been on a 1200 Bandit, V-Max, Dragstar, Blackbird, Hayabusa, XJR1300, to name but a few. I live near Yeovilton, single with no ties. I would love to meet a like-minded person for rideouts, shows, racing, etc. If you feel I am seeking you, please contact.
Safe riding.
Feel the Road.
Celia x

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

tonybandit

Go girl, I hope you find the man of your dreams,
I'm a biker and love being out on my bike,
I'm going to Holland later this month for the Assen GP,
Come on James..........

There is no better life than being on a bike with the wind in your hair...
Let the good times roll roll roll........

All the best.... Tony..

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
tarababy

Hey folks, can a scooter rider join in?....lmao.....can't half guess who owns a new scooter, hey....Mates have a bet going to see how long it takes before I get wiped out by a truck or a bus or some stupid tourist....Let's hope it never happens....cya's

tonybandit

Anyone can join in for me, lol....
It's a long ride for people on scooters though...lol...
I did go to Assen and it was a great week, had no problems with my bike and it was loads of fun.....
Anybody that is thinking of doing it should, it's really good....

tarababy

Yeah thanks Bandit but I think I will pass........Need a plane ticket to do that one...lmao..Just being silly here and bragging about my new ride..(heheheheh.).Thought I was going to have to make a new post for it but then realized this one was here....But really cool that you said I could join in, kinda wish I was there so I could give it a try...Ah see, it's not like I didn't wanna do it, lmao....,awe ok I'm gone...cheers for now

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

Ok Tara, post a photo of you on your new scooter.. We're dying to see it!!

celia55

I just want to say thank you for looking in, I am still single and can't find a biker who would love a pillion. And the ones I have found without a stoma have all walked away when I tell them.
Merry Christmas to all biker guys and dolls.
Celia XXX

tarababy

Gee whizz Celia, find it a bit hard to believe you haven't been flooded with offers!!!!...Once I get used to mine, I'll dinky ya. ...LMAO...There goes that silly side....Hey Mr. Mild, if I had a camera it would be easy...... or move my fridge a bit and drive it inside to the PC where the cam is...lol..Trying to get it sorted as we type, so be patient. Let's hope it's not from a police camera after the accident..But trying to avoid them... Take it easy folks and have a great festive season.

celia55

Hi, just thought I would say Happy New Year, Tarababy. I still haven't got my biker. Hopefully, 2009 will bring him into my life.

Take care,

Celia

tarababy

Hi Celia, well, let me tell you something, if there isn't a male or female ostomate worldwide who wouldn't want you behind them on their throbbing hot machine, well darn it girl, there isn't a person on this planet that can handle you. That's my thoughts and I'm sticking to it, okay... From the looks of your pic, the men have the problem, not you... so stop worrying. My goodness, if I was that way inclined... I'd go for you... shhh!!! I didn't say such stuff, yeah right... like my friends would believe that one... (good luck there.) But, honestly babe, forget what you think people think of you... get out there and do what pleases you and you alone. Maybe start like I did with a small scooter (not as embarrassing as you think). Then, I believe the first situation will be fixed by the counteraction of the second situation... Now... I'd really like it if someone came on and explained it all to me... But I swear I knew exactly what I was trying to explain... Now if that wasn't the funniest thing since New Year, buggered if I know what could beat that one... But I'm still trying to figure out my own words... Damn!!! that champagne for New Year was... "POTENT"... Time I went to bed, night folks, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. "Hic'

Past Member
eddie
Nice bike. Have a little trouble reading MMSH?
Happy New Year!
Eddie
Past Member

Yes, a pretty cool little scooter, it's Tara's. Thought I would post the photo for her, since she is so shy!! Anyhow, I think she named it Tweety Bird.. A very fitting name. It's just a little "girlish" for me but I'm sure Miss T looks very dapper on it racing through the streets of Carin.

eddie
I envy anyone who can ride. I couldn't even ride my son's dirt bike, which really ticked me off!    It had a mind of its own. I almost killed myself before I gave it up. I drive on muddy roads, frozen roads, any kind of car, truck, etc., but failed at a little old bike!    We had an old Ford my husband had stripped. Not brakes, he hooked it up to his truck and was pulling me fast enough so I wouldn't run into our truck, then whipped me around where he wanted the car to set. I hit the end of the chain (which was fun).
I was sitting on a 5-gallon bucket, but I managed to keep my seat. Sorry, this was kinda a hillbilly story, but I had fun.
Eddie
tarababy

Hey thanks G..... 'Tweety' is her name and gee, so damn easy to ride, once you get used to it. I was told by a lot of people to stay in the bike lane.... TRUST ME HERE WHEN I SAY 'HELL NO'. Done that for 3 days and had too many close calls..... so I'm on the road like every other vehicle who pays registration. Oh and it's all in the attitude with riding too, I think. Now I'm like.... 'Go around me' if I'm not breaking the sound barrier for you. And Eddie, ya gotta love that story!!! Reminds me of my childhood and some of the silly things we did. Guess that makes me a bit of a redneck... chow babes.

tarababy

Oh G, that's Cairns by the way.. (pronounced.... cans.. like a drinking can. True!).. Love the way you Yanks do that. .. You're not the first so don't panic.... I think it's funny as I know how I'd spell some of your towns... (not very well) ok later...

Pilgrim

Been riding all my life. Right now I have an obnoxiously loud Harley Davidson Wide Glide that I like to stir up the general area with. I'm in the North East.

cagabolsa
Sorry, I cannot take you for a ride because I would have to cross one big ocean, and bikers don't float.
But I gotta tell you this one;

I got my license just before I moved to Spain, with the intention to buy an American specs Honda Goldwing Aspencade. But in the end I got ripped off by a divorce and could not afford it.
The following years I had a good share in serious health problems and I finally requested a reconstruction of my ileostomy (the one that really messed up my life).
While I was recovering at home with my belly full of staples and stitches, it came to my mind that I still did not have a motor bike. I thought by myself: I want to ride a bike before I die.
I knew pretty much what type of bike I wanted, a Dragstar or an Intruder, because of the design.
After looking at all the specs, I finally went for a 1500 cc Intruder which I found on the internet.
I contacted the vendor, made an appointment and went to see the bike.
It was love at first sight. My condition was so bad, that I could not walk without the support of crutches. Therefore I asked the vendor to drop off the bike at my address.

Meanwhile I bought my super cool leather pants and jacket in South Australia (thru ebay).
Every day I went to have a look in the garage to admire this shiny piece of craftmanship.
One day I could no longer resist and I climbed on top of the bike, started it and very carefully drove up and down the underground garage.
The next day I went out of the garage and onto the residential parking to drive a couple of circles. Ooooh what a sensation, the shiny chrome, the deep sound and the swift curves.
I could not feel my sore belly which hurt me very much with every step I made.

The temptation became too much. As soon as my motor gear arrived (US helmet and gloves), I wrapped my stapled belly in genuine leather, turned the key, and drove off .... out on the street. What an orgastic ride ......... I had no pain and I could travel fast without crutches.

When my friends and family found out they all thought that I was crazy and irresponsible.
Let's assume that they were just jealous of someone like me: a "poor guy" with an ileostomy, very sick, recently operated and he had the guts to ride a big bike.

1,5 Years later I had to go for another intervention. And the first time I had to come back to the surgeon to check my 3rd new stoma and my set of staples, I went on my bike.
You should have seen the face of my surgeon

So from now on, I can advise anyone who recently had abdominal surgery and who has difficulties walking because of the pain, RIDE A BIKE

Don't pay attention to people who will try to stop you from doing that.
Of course, ride safely, don't take stupid risks and don't fall !!!

A good ride a day keeps the doctor away.
Past Member

I could live on the back of a bike. I miss that so much.