Need help with ostomy odor and leakage issues! Suggestions?

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

I have a problem with odor, when I drain my bag it's a funny thing not all the time. I've tried M9 for odors, but it didn't work. And sometimes I have a leakage problem, so I sent for a skin barrier confirming seal. I put too much pressure on my stoma. I tried baking soda for odors, but it made my output dark. So I stopped using all three!!! Angelicamarie (any suggestions).

ron in mich

Hi Angelic, what I used when I first got my ostomy were chlorophyll tablets, not sure on the spelling. I used to get them in the vitamin aisle at Walmart. They worked for me, but I don't bother with them anymore as I figured everybody's poo smells, so why should I bother.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,446 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Angelicamarie

Ron, thanks for the info, what about leakages!!! Angelica Marie

NJ Bain

Angelica,

Are you using a 1 or 2-piece system? And where on your pouch is the leak coming from? Odor can be battled with multiple things but as Ron said, all poo smells so what's the point?....lol

Bain

Angelicamarie

NJ Bain, I have two PCs. The leak is coming from the side, sometimes the bottom. Angelica

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
ron in mich

Hi Angelica, when I remove my wafer, I look at the side that sticks to me to see where a leak started. For me, it's usually at the bottom of my stoma as I have a dip in my skin there. So, I use an Eakin seal in that area to build it up, and that usually helps. Sometimes, it's on the right side, and I think that comes from laying too long on that side at night.

Angelicamarie

Thanks Ron, I'll try that, it may very well be the answer. You have a great day and thanks again. Angelicamarie