Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,339 members

Hernia problems sigh

Posted by Newbie Dana, on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Big hugs to you both - you've both had a hard time of it. It can be especially hard for hving to go the round of doctors who are supposed to "fix" you ... and they haven't got a clue what you have or what to do for you! Total frustration, I'm sure, and I feel for you.

No topper stories, just sympathy and virtual hugs!

Reply by becrhomat, on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Thank you

Reply by keithy58, on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello I am Keith. 

I have had 2 hernia operations I have a colostomy and a ieal conduit wee aroma. I had a major compression of my spine and was left for nearly 6 days before the look at my Mir scan then I was rush in the middle of the night to another hospital. The operated straight away . But I suffer major nerve damage. I could not feel to poo or wee. This happen after the operation I tried to carry on I had 2 major fell that hospitalized me. For 3months.my operation was in August 08 I lost my complete feeling for my bladder control I had a pubic catheter . In Jan 09 but in Jan 12 I lost the use to poo. I had a urgent colostomy operation. The in July 12 I had a lieal conduit. Wee aroma. As my bladder was infected. I then had a major hernia operation it was bad. Then just after that I had a septic bladder so they removed that they made a video of that operation . Them I thought I felt little lump I amongest my scar tissue they were insional hernia. So another operation in July 14 then I at to have a colostomy revision as the aroma had gone warts non stop bleeding sore. I have a very long scar up the middle. I have got more lumps now. But it my back they said the operation on my back they never put support in so the back as so many degentive changes they can't cope. I have got to have a neromodlation unit put in my back it a disc and battery. I breaks up the pain signals to the brain. I am not happy because the don't stop the back having degentive changes. I am disabled as well I sued for damages I had a big out of court settlement.  As I was sent home twice and when they did admit me the just legged me. I would live my life back I had a very active life I was 50 when I got cauda equine established. Syndrome. 

But u are so brave if u want I will be i.e. support partner.  U have gone through so much. Tours Keith 

Reply by Mrs.A, on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Keithy,

Welcome to MAO. You sure have gone through a lot. Glad your here to help the rest of us.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.