Need Info on Cymed Micro Skin

Replies
Views
Hanaleah

Does anyone have any experience with Micro Skin? Or does anyone know about it.

Ewesful

If you are referring to micro skin tape - I have to use it at times and it is extremely expensive. People with FAP often have issues with skin and this derma layer totally solves it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Hanaleah.

I had no idea about this product so looked it up on Google. It sounds like a great idea so if you try it, perhaps you could give us feedback as to how you get on.  Cymed have a section on their website where you can request samples, so you might try that. They are an American organisation so I doubt if they would send samples to the UK. However, I would be very interested to know if the product works as well as they say.

Best wishes

Bill 

Mrs.A

Hey Bill,

Check out this link: https://www.microskincanada.com/

Past Member

https://www.healthproductsforyou.com/m-cymed.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA3Y7GBRD29f-7kYuO1-ABEiQAodAvwEIZbMADtJ7pxMA4Yr9KwxIolT8V619FwBriXN2IgzEaAmMc8P8HAQ

Ask for free supplies. You might discuss it with an ostomy nurse first. I heard of it years ago and tried it. It didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you! Seems supplies have changed since then. Try it and tell us how it went!

GeekyJen

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Bill

Thanks Mrs A for the link -  found it very interesting but way out of my price bracket.

Best wishes

Bill

Past Member

I'm not Mrs. A. I'm GeekyJen. Is Cymed more expensive than other brands?

Bill

Hello Geekyjen.

Sorry about the confusion between Mrs A's post and yours, but I followed her link before yours was posted. I have now had a chance to have a look at your link as well and thank you for that.

As for the cost of these things, I have no idea whether Cymed is or is not any more expensive than other brands. It just sounds like a great idea.

When we get all our supplies on the NHS as we do in the UK, the very thought of paying what seems like huge amounts for supplies somehow, puts me in mind of the 'Apocalypse Now' post, where suggestions were being put as to what we would do if the supplies ran out.

Best wishes

Bill

Past Member

Yes, if the apocalypse came, I would want to die, because dealing with the ostomy would just take away all my dignity if I didn't have custom supplies.

Hanaleah

Thank you for replying. I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing. I am asking about Micro-Skin from Cymed. It is a one-piece appliance and is supposed to be great for working out. It hasn't worked for me, but I am not sure I have put it on right. The flange part is like saran wrap and I found it difficult to put on. Look them up.

Pray for Peace, Hana

Past Member

I tried that once too, and didn't have good results. I've seen women with very clingy dresses on that it did work with. You couldn't see a seal, because there wasn't one. I wish I could have gotten it to work. Good luck in all your endeavors.

GeekyJen