Anal Skin Tissue Very Tight

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Rosherau

When I try to pass mucus plugs, my internal and external anal sphincter dilate no problem, but the skin right at the end that you can touch can't dilate enough to stretch out wide enough to open to get any plugs out.

I know this can be called anal stenosis, but after 2 vy flaps is there another way or something else that they can do to cut that skin, as in if a woman was giving birth and had to have an episiotomy.

This is causing so many issues, if I split chronic fissure I bleed fever, so if I can get this skin cut and have it heal unclosed, as in scar not tight then I may have a chance.

Is there such a thing in the medical world?

Thank you

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Rocherua.

Sorry to hear about your problem but there is definitely a procedure that can aleviate the problem, although it is far from pleasant.

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible as I still try not to think about it if I don't have to.  Before my stoma, I had a botched operation for haemorrhoids, which caused my anus to close up completely with scar tissue. They took me back in and split the tissue in several places to open up the hole. I then had to use a dilator ( basically, a cone shaped piece of soliud glass) to keep the hole open while the new tissue healed. The procedure worked to some extent but after that I was permanently and severely incontinent. I can see no reason why the same operation should not be used to give you more of a chance to pass the mucus. However, If I knew then what I know now, I would probably go for a barbie-bum and solve the problem of mucus completely.

Alternatively, I will share with you what I actually did about my own mucus problem after the stoma. I used anal irrigation to flush it out. Again, to cut a long story short, the 'normal' anal irrigation trechniques were pretty useless, so I made up my own system which meant connecting the anal catheter to the shower hose in the bath. This gave me the pressure that I needed and I adapted two anal catheters - one to flush straight out from the top of the left over colon and the other pushed the water out of the catheter sideways, which cleared the walls of the tube. By this dual approach, the mucus just fushed out into the bath so that I could see what was happening.

It worked well but I would caution anyone else who wanted to try it - because it has obvious dangers for rupturing you insides.

I did it for about a year before the mucus became clear and non- smelly. At which time I thought it wasn't worth the bother of continuing with the irrigation. I have been problem-free in that regard ever since.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate