I am keen to hear from women who have

had or are considering reversal.

On my discharge, all the nurses

have encouraged me to return for the

reversal.

Thanking you all for your time.

Mrs.A

Hi Malamid,

I can't have a reversal, my stoma is here to stay and that's okay with me. But I did want to welcome you to MAO. If you search the Collections tab, you will find more information on reversals that I hope will help you out.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NotDeadYet

Malamid!

Oh poo! Welcome, no chance for reversal here, but how are you doing with the colostomy for now?

It's a tough time, we're here to help.

Have you had a volcano-that-blows-out-your-bag yet? Like I said, we're here to help...

Attill the hen

Hi Malamid, I had my surgery on 1 February this year and am having my reversal on 19 April. The surgeon said the stoma would only be there for around 2 months if everything went well. I haven't had any problems with the stoma, except for the odd leakage from the pouch support when my stoma has erupted like a volcano. I have no idea what to expect after the reversal, except I think I will need to stay near to a toilet for a while! I will let you know what happens after the reversal.

Mrs.A

Best wishes to you, Attill the hen!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister