Free Excess Products

Replies
Views
Newbie Dana

I have tried some different products trying to find the ones best for me. I think I now have a good system in place, but I have some leftovers that I tried that just don't quite work for me. I would like to give them to somebody else who has a need. Mostly it's small amounts, but I know when you have a need, anything helps! I am in Lexington, KY, so anyone in this area can pick them up for free. I will mail them out to others in the US, but I would need the cost of mailing in that case. I have:

2 sample packs of Coloplast Brava Elastic Barrier Strips

1 unopened pack of 10 Sure Seal Rings, size to fit 45mm floating flanges and 57-70 mm flanges

1 opened pack of Sure Seal Rings, same size as above, with 4 left unused

1 opened box of Hollister Adapt Barrier Rings (# 7806) size 4" (98 mm), with 8 unopened packets inside (each ring is separately packaged in its own plastic case)

Please reply to this post, and it will come through to me, if you are interested in any of these items. Thank you so much!

Dana

Hotdog11

Hi, Dana,

I recently discovered that the wound/ostomy nurses who have an office at one of the local hospitals, who employ them, are very happy to take unused ostomy supplies as many of their patients are in need of supplies and have no or not enough insurance to cover the costs. I never thought of asking them when I had some surplus supplies last year, but now I know. Hope this will be helpful to you.

Libby L.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Newbie Dana

Thanks so much! I will try to contact them!

TomFTW

Dana, there may be a local ostomy support group near you in Lexington. They may have a supply program for those in need. They may find out about people in need before the ostomy nurses become involved.