Does anyone think?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
DayDream13

That this site actually works? So far i know that all it has done is made my money disappear.....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DonBrown1943

Daydream, I am sorry that it has not worked for you and I apologize for not being more help to you. I am so much older than you with different problems so I hoped others would help. I see now that I should have offered support at least. This site has helped me enormously and I feel a responsibility to feed it forward. Forgive me and I will pay more attention to you in the future. Don.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

It works for me. You can let loose in a blog. Ask any quertion on the forum and get some good advise. Start a chat with somene. Attimes it is quiet but try different times and someone will be there. Lots of reading in the old posts. I do not know how well the meeting and dating works. Tried once and it did not go anywhere. Hang in there and you will find something that works for you.

iMacG5

Hey Daydream, I too am sorry you're disappointed with this site.  We're surrounded with some really wise, compassionate, caring folks who try their best to help others.  They usually succeed.  Ask a specific question or offer a specific comment and I think you'll get some interesting, encouraging responses.

Respectfully,

Mike

Bill

Hello DayDream13.

Thank you for your question as it has been a stimulation to stop and ponder on some answers.

Firstly I suppose I ought to admit that I have never spent a penny on this or any other site so none of my money has disappeared.

Secondly, it is what it is! I like the people who communicate on here and I enjoy contributing to the correspondence.

Thirdly, I browse the past posts on all sorts of subjects so that I can get a feel of what the site has meant to others who have been on here before us and this gives me ideas for trying to help people find answers to problems they face in the present.  

There seems to be a commararderie amongst most contributers that is sometimes hard to find amongst folk who don't have a stoma and I find this supportive and rewarding at an emotional level. I enjoy reading people's stories and feel that they give me inspiration as most other people have been through much more than I have and they've managed to cope and retain a sense of dignity and worth. I have learned so much about a whole load of stuff that I probably would not have thought about had I not been on here and for that I'm forever grateful.

So! in answer to your question, I feel that this site does indeed make me 'think'.

Best wishes

Bill  

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Angelicamarie

G'morning DayDream13, it seems like your not happy with the site. It depends on what your looking for...I came to the site seeking those that have been where I have. I found a family!!!! Not everyone on the site ... but those that i did find . Some are like veterans, they have been ostamates for such a long time,With lots of information.after reading your story you have experience that would help!!! Give it a chance!!! Before you throw in the towel!!! Have a great day!!! Angelicamarie

Past Member

If you mean for a dating site I don't think that works to good but none of the site's just for dating are very sucesful either, I have known a few who dated, but for suport/advice and having a laugh making life time friends it's been a great sucess for me made my best friend on this site

Mrs.A

Hi Daydreamer,

To put it simply YES I do and Beautifully at that !

LadyHope

Hi Daydreamer, I am very grateful for this site. I was blindsided when I was dx with UC and needed to have my colon removed 4 years ago. I never had bowel issues prior to the severe UC. I believe I got UC from eating a spoiled hamburger at a restaurant... anyway. I was desparate to meet others who were traveling this path. I was so alone as I did not know anyone with an ostomy. Meeting everyone here lifted my spirits. I read the posts and gained my confidence back. I even had the opportunity to meet several members at ostomy conferences. Although I still have some difficult days, knowing that I can pop on this site and chat with others who truly understand makes me feel safe. Keep posting and don't forget the local support groups. I have made great friends, friends who truly understand this journey. Take care and have a nice Monday! Sincerely, LH

DayDream13

that is great that it has helped you so much!!. I am a 38 yearl old double bagger. Ileo since day one of life and uro since 4. Prob had mine longer than ALOT of the people have here. i'm good on ostomy support. Thank you very much for your reply though. :)

DonBrown1943

Daydream 13, I knew you weren't talking about stoma support. Life is very difficult when you feel you are living it alone. So far as I can tell, only a few people have found soulmates on this site. In that regard I would have to agree it probably is not working. However, we do still need you to offer us support and friendship. I hoped the recent topic that drew so much attention from lesbians in the Forum would allow closer relationships for ladies that want closer than friendship. As much as you all need each other, it seems natural to me that friendships could have grown there. Or perhaps I don't really understand after all. Anyway, you are a valuable person and a pretty lady. I hope you find what you need. No one should go through life alone.

thisgirlyisbusyliving

It works if you want it too, kitten! ;I met you and Don and a handful of others that have been super nice. I also met a guy that went though some of the things I went through. We were even seen by some of the same docs at the same hospital at the same time. He is turning into a pretty cool cat to chat with. You are very knowledgable about an ileo and a uro and I can understand your frustration about this site not helping out in your dating venture but you know that things take time. You have some peoples attention by part taking in creating this forum. Maybe reaching out to people and sharing some compassion with others not faring to well with there new situation will open the doors up for your love!! Don is right we are not ment to be alone so i really believe you will find your love. We can help many people and then in return you will see who comes into your life and stays. You were one of the first to message me and for that I will never forget you! Thank you a million times over for reaching out to me!

Sincerely

TGIBL

DayDream13

TGIBL

thanks for the support as always. i have came across several people to talk to like yourself. I'm always around for people to send me messages. I'm not on here often enough. Hope all is well with you and glad that you found that connection!!

DayDream13

xnine

Thanks for the support and advice! Hope it continues to work out better for you really i do. Ostomies aint anything new to me so to look for most doesnt do much help..

Thanks again

DD13

DayDream13

Thanks iMacG5 for the advice i'll keep looking around

Thx

DD13

DayDream13

Bill Thanks glad that i made you stop and ponder for a moment :)

Thx

DD13 :)

DayDream13

Angelicamarie thanks, Well if i can ever help ask awy :)i'm a pretty open book and do my best to help :)

Thx

DD13

DayDream13

panther yea i dont think it is a very good dating site for sure. Will keep a looking ;for sure

Thx

DD13 :

DayDream13

Mrs.A that is great! :)

Thx

DD13

DayDream13

LadyHope Im glad that you have found a safe place and that you have gotten support here :)

Thx

DD13

DayDream13

btw thanks thisgirlyisbusyliving lol I'm not sure i've ever been called kitten. Hope you are enjoying spring :)

DD13

DayDream13

luv2day i understand. Hope things work out. They say love finds you when you least expect it.

kstyle

Awww that is sweet that you found your best friend here!