Physical Activities After Ostomy Surgery: Roller Coasters & Weightlifting?

Replies
Views
NJ Bain

Rider,

Spicy food doesn't affect me at all. I love my hot wings. No more of that burning asshole problem when it comes out.

When I eat bananas, I eat them with cereal or something. And they don't cause obstructions with everyone. I, for some reason, can't tolerate them very well. But I do that with most foods that can cause obstructions. Just chew your food well and eat with something that digests normally.

I'll do a post about the good, bad, and the ugly later.

Bain

rongarm

Yes, it is okay to lift weights with your ostomy. But be somewhat careful to not put a great deal of stress on your body. Just saying.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,461 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WilcoFan

About a year after my ostomy surgery, my sister Michelle and I did a week-long "rollercoaster crawl". I did get medical clearance from my doctor. Anyway, we hit Cedar Point, Kennywood, Idlewild Park, Lakemont Park, and Knoebel's.

To back up a little bit, we'd always talked about doing a coaster crawl together. When I had my surgery done, I ended up being in the hospital for six weeks, including 10 days in ICU. She promised me that when I got better, we'd take that trip.

So if you get medical clearance, by all means ride as many coasters as you want.