Urostomy products

In this discussion
Replies
Views
jow28544

I am new to having a urostomy. Can people tell me what brand pouches they have found more reliable?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Jellybean82

I use a Convatec 2-piece system, which is the convex baseplate with Durahesive technology, with a Convatec pouch. I have been using Convatec products for as long as I can remember, and it's what has worked best for me, but it is trial and error. Also, I know a lot of people also recommend the Hollister brand. If you have problems with leaking, a stoma seal may help, and if your bag needs to be emptied frequently or you are not sure if you will wake up in time, there are overnight bags that you can use and leg bags for during the day.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
jow28544

Thank you!

trifinisher

Hi: I have had a urostomy for about 15 years now. At first, it was a matter of trying different brands and systems. I think that the shape of your skin and stoma, skin chemistry vs barrier chemistry, etc. all have an effect. Now I have found one major brand that works for me. Others will swear by (or at) other brands. I think you will have to experiment. Good luck.