Anything Else

Replies
Views
mettajojo

Well, Anything else except football, as I am a dummy about it .....

xnine

Hocky.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

WHAT!

Bill

Thank you mettajojo for introducing such a wide ranging subject as 'anything else'. Presumably, this invites us to indulge in whatever subject we like so I've chosen 'what', not as a question but as a subject. I've been using this subject for years to encourage people to think about things other than those that cause them emotinal distress. For me, the subject of 'what' has been at the heart of several books and academic theses over the years  and is central to my view of the known world. Below is a rhyming verse which tries to summarise the subject.

WHAT

WHAT IS THE SUBJECT FOR TODAY

For WHAT's at the start  and what shows the way.

WHAT motivates and turns you on

What will be left when all else is gone.

WHAT tells you what gives and what you have got

WHAT is,- what is, and also what's not.

WHAT is the future and what is the past

WHAT's always first and what's always last.

WHAT is the earth and what is a star

WHAT is your worth and what's who you are.

WHAT is your dream and what's in your soul

WHAT is your scheme and what is you goal.

WHAT is the rhyme and what is the reason

WHAT is the time and what is the season.

WHAT is the theory and what is the test

WHAT is the query - but also the quest.

B. Withers 1994

NJ Bain

Bill my friend.....brilliant as always!

WHAT time is it?!IT'S BEER THIRTY MOFO'S!!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Bill

Hello Bain. Thanks for your kind response and your refreshing comment about What time is it.

According to the administrators of this site (bottom of the page)--- "All times are GMT + 1 Hour". What they mean is, that they would like us to think in this restricted way about time. However, if we begin to understand that this view of time is just a human construct,(which is only a few hundred years old) we can free ourselves from the constraints that such a view puts on us and think in different time-frames.

Best wishes

Bill