Need Help with Deodorants for Bathroom Odor

Replies
Views
petunia

What kind of deodorants are you using? I have not found anything yet that makes it more pleasant when you empty. The smell is terrible and lingers in the bathroom.

Mrs.A

I like Brava lubricating deodorant but I do carry a small bottle of Febreze when needed.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Angelicamarie

G'morning Petunia, how are you this morning? I found that M9 works for me, but I use 5 to 6 drops. However, when using this, keep in mind that every time you empty, you will have to use M9, a Hollister product. Hope this helped. Have a good day!!! Angelicamarie

petunia

Good evening. Thank you for your response.   Do you have problems with your stoma?

Making weird noises after you eat.   How can I get rid of that?   It is so embarrassing.

Angelicamarie

Hello Petunia, it does happen from time to time, girl. If you're talking, just keep talking. And if it's too bad, excuse yourself because there's nothing you can do about it. It's just part of having the ostomy. Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can chime in, but so far I have not found a way to stop it. It seems to have a mind of its own!!! Angelicamarie

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
spinbot

M9 for odor control.

Hand over ostomy for sound control, but as mentioned, it has its own mind and you can't really do too much about it. For me, if I go too long without eating, then finally eat, there's a good chance I will make some noise. I also can't chew gum without filling up with gas or making noise.

Beshlie

Hello Petunia,

I spray a couple of squirts of V.I.Poo down the toilet after the final flush and find that helps. I use the lemon fragrance one.

My stoma can be noisy but I've learned to ignore it as we can't control it!

Beshlie