Advertisement
ConvaTec - Tips For Public Restrooms
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

Free me,bership

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,060 Members
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:41 am

i have to conclude that this website is designed to force you to upgrade to full membership.  In messenger sometimes it works,oftentimes not.  

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 am

Hello MOST52. 

I have been a non-paying member on here for years and never felt forced to upgrade. The administrators often send me messages to say that I have a complementary, free, full-membership but I have never noticed the difference between the two. This is probably due to the fact that I prefer to communicate in the open forums rather than through private messaging. Although I am quite willing to reply to messages if the other communicant prefers it that way.

Best wishes

Bill 

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:18 am

Before I was a full member, I didn't feel any pressure to upgrade.    When I did upgrade, it was because I wanted to support the work this site does.   I don't expect, something for nothing, and someone is providing the opportunity for us to meet and chat.   Inadvertantly , I forgot to join on e year, and really missed the connection.  So when I joined again, I paid the lifetime membership, figuring that I'll have my ostomy a  lifetimes, and want to feel connected to people here on the site.....   Best wishes...   marsha

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:57 am

I guess it depends on what you are looking for on this site.  You can participate in the forums with the free membership, which is decent.  What you can't do is message a person directly, which is somewhat of a letdown if you are looking for possible romatic friends.   I almost wish they didn't allow the "Like" feature on the free membership, as if you get liked and you like the person back, you can't pursue that potential connection without at least one of you getting a full membership.  Hopefully their are no "bait" on here (like Ashley Madison had/has).   From a guys perspective, that is when a very physically attractive woman, likely younger than you are, expresses interest (likes you), then you end up signing up to get in contact with them.  I suppose on sites like Ashley Madison they could be "working girls", not just bait profiles done by the company.

For the record, I've only belonged to Plenty of Fish in my life, so I am speaking from news stories I seen or read, not experience.  I'm in too much demand to go on sites like them anyways, is something I've never said! Smile

That said, what's to prevent a person from saying "Hi, My name is Charles Swerdfeger.  Look me up on Facebook/Messenger and reach me there".   Not like there are too many in the world with my name combination and exact spelling and have the solid looks of a "5" Smile

Or better yet, one could say "some full member should get in touch with the member that goes by "irishrain" and tell her "spinbot" real name is Charles Swerdfeger and he would love to hear from her in Messenger.    Then he would tell the administartors that if this turns out to be "a match", he would pay for both his and her memberships as a "thank you"!  Emoji "wink", Emoji "wink"

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.