Need help finding high-stoma coverage jeans!

Replies
Views
#1gran

So for all of the female OstoMates out there, how hard is it to find a pair of jeans? I went Boxing Day shopping with my 24-year-old daughter and two of her friends (the same age as my daughter). We had a great time, but when we tried on jeans ($14.00 a pair), I was so upset that all they make are low-rise jeans. Well, when you have a stoma that is higher than where the jeans come, it's not very attractive. I would like to hear your solutions to this problem if you have it.

lottagelady

In the UK, it is definitely Marks and Spencer's! You may be able to access them online if you cannot get them over there. They have ones that rest on the waist and are great for supporting hernias too!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Txgirl

Gran,

Well, for me, I wear a "low mid rise". I can't do the "mom jean" thing, but these are low enough to be figure flattering but high enough to keep my ostomy from popping (I almost typed "pooping," habit I guess, lol.) out all over the place. My appliance pokes out the top, but I could care less if someone can see it below my clothing. They sit right below your belly button. Old Navy sells some, you can go online if need be.
I'm here to make MYSELF comfortable and happy...not everyone else!!!! Had to get that out there. (Ok, this highlighting thing is driving me nuts)

Have a great day!! Hannah

Dang highlighted crap

baba

Have had luck with Gap-and for more money-a great line called Not Your Daughters Jeans. They even have "give" (some lycra, I think). I wear jeans every day and I like the ones that come up to the waist, but are not old lady jeans--even though I am an old lady!!!

junopete

I am out dancing all the time. I see many ladies, young and old, that wear jeans that are not low cut.
I think many of the jeans women wear may be men's, but who cares? Women have been wearing men's jeans for years. As a matter of fact, I know several couples where the lady "wears the pants" in the family.
Had to throw that in.

I have always liked to wear my jeans tight. With a stoma, it's almost impossible. My waist or belt line was right dead on my stoma.

Rick.....

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I wondered how long until this drew a male reply.... See, we males think differently. Let me explain our thought process.
1: Need jeans.

2: What are the "male" options.... Wrangler... Levi's.

3: We won't consider the host of other brands as they are designed for "preppy guys", city boys, and communist/democrats.

4: Levi's... Made on the left coast by a bunch of pot-smoking 60's throwbacks who worship Satan.

5: Wrangler..... Official jeans of the PBA (Pro Bullriders Association).

6: Check out in lane 14 at Wal-Mart... Total elapsed "in-store time" 6 mins... Total items purchased 3... Jeans, roll of Copenhagen, and box of shotgun shells............

God, it is so easy being a man!!! Peace, ladies.

sweede

Hey all, sorry, but I have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I wear jeans all the time, with a belt and also at one time with 2 ostomies, a colo and a uro. My stomas are on my belt line and never am I bothered by them in that way. I use a soft canvas belt with a grip buckle, you know the ones that clip over and grip the belt so it's easy to adjust a fraction when too tight. I generally go for jeans designs that have a softer waistline.

None of my jeans are marketed as jeans for 'preppy guys', city boys, communists, or democrats. I resent the offensive remarks made by the last post about individuals who choose to wear more comfortable brands as wearing 'non-male' jeans. I am wearing a pair of Osaka Tiger's at the moment. Does that mean I am 'non-male' or one of the insulting labels/categories mentioned in the last post?

I think the only comment I can agree with is 'we males think differently'. Granted, that's true. We all think differently. I, for one, would never place people into derogatory named groups, speak for every male on the planet, or go to a supermarket to buy weapons. But hey, that's just me....

Oh, and for the record, Levi Jeans were not made on the west coast by pot-smoking Satan worshippers. They were actually created by one Leob Strauss in New York in 1850. Granted, he set up business on the west coast to capitalize on the gold rush, but he actually died in 1902, way before the 60's. Wrangler jeans are actually the official jeans of the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association.

Sorry about that, but when I read the absolute tripe like that written in the last post, I have to come on and declare that not all males are idiots.

Txgirl

Gentlemen, gentlemen...let's not squabble here, I shall be the clear head...I will correct you BOTH...It's the Professional Bull Riders (PBR for short) then there is the Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association and there is also a Professional Rodeo Cowgirl Association...just FYI

I'll also add that MMSH was very funny, it made me laugh out loud, actually.

For the record, MMSH was kidding, unless you fit into one of the categories he wrote about; how could you get offended? Are you a satan worshipper? Are you a leftist, communist democrat? Are you a 60's throwback hippie?
THEN WHO GIVES A SHIT??
My point being, we all have so much difficult bullshit to deal with on a daily basis, why fuss about a few joking words on a forum. Seriously, I am so fucking sick to death of everyone getting so offended at the dumbest shit. Let it go and let's all have a good time.

LET'S HUG IT OUT BOYS....

Gus
Hehehe Hannah, clear head?? Lol, ahem cough, no seriously Hannah is right, it was obviously meant in fun, so why get your knickers in a knot over some trivial use of words, Jaysus
gutenberg
Hi Ya Sweede, I think I speak for most on this forum when I say MMSH has never set out to deliberately put someone down, he has a great sense of humor, maybe a little twisted like my own, but never in a way to make someone take it seriously. Happy Hollidays, Ed
sweede

Yes!! You've hit the nail on the head there, Txgirl. I do fit into some categories mentioned. What's deemed funny to some may be unfunny to others. And you're right, perhaps I shouldn't fuss while people are making jokes at the expense of others.

If I am not in a category written about, how could I get offended? Are you serious? I was out and about today and had to change my pouch in a public toilet. Written on the wall was a racist comment. Should I not, as you put it, "give a shit"? I mean, I'm not black or anything.
Perhaps maybe I shouldn't have scribbled it out and let other people read it?

The whole Wrangler issue is petty. I'll be the first to admit that, lol. But Wrangler Jeans becoming the official jeans of the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association in '74 is correct, I'm afraid, and proudly displayed on their website too.

Perhaps I'm having a bad day, maybe feeling a bit touchy or something, but I do stand my ground. If you're going to sling around non-inclusive labels such as those, you have to expect a wee bit of comeback. I mean, it sounds as if he got those terminologies from a propaganda leaflet or something.

Anyways, hugging it out is always a good option. Keep your shotgun at home though. x

sweede

As an afterthought, sorry folks, I'm an idiot....I actually came here to talk about jeans lol,

#1Gran, I get asked this a lot over at the foundation and it seems that high-waisted jeans are back in fashion, well over here in the UK that is, they are all the rage over here, it's called the Kate Moss look, tagged as such for her recent catwalk appearances wearing them.

I don't know if the fashion has hit Canada yet, but all the major clothing shops over here are stocking them, and ship them out online, I've seen many pairs with stretchy type material as waistbands also, in fact, most modern brands of male jeans are stocking semi-high-waisted ranges now. Like I said earlier, I am wearing Osaka Tiger jeans at the moment, they are semi-high-waisted and super comfortable, sadly I doubt Levi or Wrangler stock such ranges.

Anyway, couple that with a pair of Comfizz ostomy underwear, you're pretty much as safe as houses, you can even play a game of Twister without anything peeking lol. I don't know if you've tried the Comfizz underwear or not yet, they are amazing, once you've tried them I doubt you will go back to conventional underwear.

A few months back Comfizz donated me 1,200 pairs of ostomy underwear to give away to folks, so if you like, I've still got about 900 pairs left. I can send you over a half dozen or so courtesy of the foundation.

So yeah, the UK shopping outlets online and Comfizz ostomy underwear, that's my solution lol,
apologies for the ranting on your thread.x

lottagelady

I don't know if you've tried the Comfizz underwear or not yet, they are amazing, once you've tried them I doubt you will go back to conventional underwear.

A few months back Comfizz donated me 1,200 pairs of ostomy underwear to give away to folks, so if you like, I've still got about 900 pairs left. I can send you over a half dozen or so courtesy of the foundation.

I can vouch for the underwear, it is great, dead comfy, and the old stuff they have given the foundation is better than their 'new model', don't know why they bothered changing it!!!! Thanks Steve xx

Txgirl

What he said was not a racist comment.
There is a huge difference between someone calling a person racist names and MMSH poking fun of when and where Levi's originated. The fact of the matter is, you called him an idiot at the end of your post, saying, you wanted to show that "all men are not idiots". Is that not supposed to be offensive??
You are the pot calling the kettle black.

I am thankful to you for getting offended in the public restroom over a racist comment, as you should but please, do not muddy the waters on the 2 issues. It is not the same thing.

Like I said, I am sick to death of people taking every single thing other people say so seriously and the ones who do that are making it worse. It's those people who turn one topic offensive or derogatory when it never was in the first place!!!

sweede
Hey Lottagelady,

Awh shucks!, you caught me all off guard there lol, there's me fighting my corner and all and you come in with a sweet comment like that, I'm gonna get mauled in here now hehe.

Oh by the way, I haven't cashed your donation yet, I have a wee pile of cheques here that I was going to take to the bank before X-mas but what with all the snow and ice we're having up here, it looks like I won't be going anywhere now until after the new year.

Once again, many thanks. xxx

P.S.
Haven't tried the new model, don't think I want to from what you told me, looks like they did give the foundation all the good stuff lol. x
Txgirl

I love you, Sweede... lol... truce?

~~Hugs inappropriate touches~~ Hannah

eddie

Easy Swede, as the middle, middle child, I am the unappointed peacemaker. I don't think MMSH meant any insult or harm. It is just his humor. I agree with Ed. From MMSH's writings, I believe he is caring as you are, but I could be in trouble here. It reminds me of one time my two younger brothers got into a fist fight. One was in a cast, so I got between the two, got the crap beat out of me, and in an hour they were off fishing together, and I was nursing my bruises. Think I would learn, huh?

eddie

Past Member

Lol!!! Well, it seems I caused quite an uproar. No harm is done, Sweed, and no apology is required. Most everyone on this forum knows my dry wit. I am, however, a true Southern redneck...and for that, I do not apologize. However, you will not find anyone on this forum who has ever asked me for help and been refused, regardless of color or creed.
Peace, dude.....

sweede

Awhhh, I never saw that coming either, how cool. Of course, I'll accept your truce. I know Super Hero never meant any harm. I'm just one of those lefty pot-smoking hippies having a bad day, I guess.
But let Super Hero enjoy your inappropriate touches. The least I could do.

Gus
She touched my sword.
Txgirl

You wish I had touched your sword, Steverino!!!

Gus
Well, maybe
lottagelady

You two are sooooo naughty!

Gus

It's all Hannah's fault, I'm innocent.

Past Member
    Funny as though, and oh so entertaining!!!    
Txgirl

Hi J!!! Hi Rachel!! First of all, let me clarify...I am not naughty...it is Steve who is the horny...er...naughty one here!!! LMAO
Steve is the one who is always swinging his sword about the forum, we all have to duck, lest we get concussed!!!
Even in all his horniness, I love him though...even if I have to wear a helmet when he is around.

LOL~~~~me

eddie

Gus, you are just bad, that's why gotta love ya!!!
Eddie

Gus

===Scuffs the dirt with my toe and draws naughty pictures with my sword... "sniffle"... Everybody thinks I'm bad and naughty and stuff... "sniffle". It's Hannah, I tell you, she weeds me away... "sniffle"

vulcanBMk2

I don't do jeans anymore!! I always think they look cheap and sloppy on any man (not woman) over the age of 50. My casual wear is usually "Regatta" outdoor pants or "Cotton Traders" chinos. I may be older and retired, but I have no great desire to walk about looking like a farm laborer or a street cleaner. (Worthy jobs, I am sure). For slopping about the house, I do have some M&S jogging bottoms - but that's about as bad as it gets. Oh, I do have some support undergarments via Sweden and find these practical and comfortable!!

vulcanBMk2

I am standing by for sarcastic BUT!! humorous replies------Hee Hee