Need help finding high-stoma coverage jeans!

Replies
Views
Gus
Now, why do that when we have a perfectly good
Txgirl

Because it's easier to take pictures on the floor, silly...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Gus
Good thinking, 99, and it seems we hijacked this thread for our own lewd and naughty talk. LMAO
Txgirl

My apologies, y'all. Steve is a bad influence. It's all his fault.

Gus
Hannah made me do it, all night long.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Txgirl
lies all lies
Gus

I'm shattered

lottagelady
........... And you too were at it all night and didn't let me know, I'm hurt now.....    
Txgirl

Awww Rachel...please forgive me...??? Had I realized you were as twisted as us...well, you surely would have been involved!!! LOL Love yas, Miss Lady!

beatrice

I'm twisted too... just slower than y'all -- by the time I 'get' it... you're on to something else.

I'll catch up

Bear
Are these available for men and women?   I am male with a right-side ostomy.   I would be interested in trying these if you still have some.   I have been using Ostomy Secrets, and they have a great product at a fair price, but I am quickly running out of money.   I am a firm believer in sample, sample, sample.   I do not know how you get the address, etc., if you have any left.   I only weigh 169, but after my belt, etc., I wear a 38-40.
krisfx

I still wear my jeans hanging halfway down my arse with my stoma. I find it more comfortable and with only having it done recently, more secure knowing I can see how full it is.

swiffer

When you get older and still wear jeans with a stoma, you may want to invest in a pair of suspenders. They are called braces in the UK. They let you buy your pants a size bigger so it does not push on the stoma. I like the ones with triggers (that is the metal clips that clip into the belt loops). You can find them, but all the ones I have ordered from the internet are too big and wide. I ordered these thin ones with the buttonhole type and went to the hardware store and bought some triggers and put them on myself. They are light and I think cool. I have been wearing them for a few years now and so people would not know me without them.

elli bean

My stoma is in the way of shirts and sometimes bras. It's really high up right now and I'm short-waisted. But I would think that for people with lower down stomas, wearing a longer shirt would help with bag coverage. My stoma is supposed to be temporary, but I don't want to reverse it. I want it moved to the sigmoid, which happily is an option for me. I like my pants right around my hips, and in the future, I plan to let the bag hang out the bottom of my shirt and wear a bag cover that makes it look like a little change purse or fanny pack. Or if not precisely that, then it will still look pretty. I love to sew by hand with needle and thread, and I plan to make my own covers - a whole wardrobe of them made of fabric scraps from the ends they have left at the fabric store, and from old clothes I can't wear anymore. I can see this being an option more for women than for me, although anyone who wants to could do it.

Pinky

Elli Bean - You answered my question from the other forum post. When you have your colostomy relocated to the sigmoid, you can irrigate and you may very well gain good control of your BMs. Then you can wear a cap, patch, small closed mini-pouch or even this new thing from Convatec - Vitalia, I think it is called.

You are such a sweetie!

tine

Hi all

Well, got to admit....the days have gone where my little G-strings and girls' boxers were in my top drawer. Rach, I have had some of those knickers you speak of....I call them my Bridget Jones pants...for obvious reasons...can see why you wear them. I go to Marks now and buy lace shorts...but buy them the next size up which makes them come a little higher, which is just perfect for my stoma.
As for jeans, which I wear most of the time, I do wear high-waisted....I have tried low-waisted but they tend to fit right through the middle of my bag, which personally I don't find comfortable.
Tine....xx

buckrdoe

But where do I keep the bag so it can fill up but not pop..? Ugh
I've been living in sweatpants..:

freedancer

I had the same issue with finding jeans. My stoma is in an odd spot. Some real nice ladies on here recommended maternity jeans. I tried it and I love them. The expandable stretchy top hugs the bag nicely and they are not tight. With a little longer shirt over them, not a soul knows. Best part is that I can go to the thrift shop and pay a third of what new ones would cost.

NancyAnn

I have found that the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Jeans fit really well for me. They have a high waist and these jeans have a stretch to them. I love them. I get mine at Kohl's. I am sure you can find them online.

Hope that helps.

freedancer

I found a pair of post-maternity jeans called Bounce Back. They have a stretchy panel on the top, but it is not as loose as regular maternity jeans. They are comfortable but hold you in a little bit more. I really like them.