ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,450 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,450 OstoMates.
Not your typical ostomy website. See why

JPouch versus having a colostomy

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Lovely post.

This jpouch/pull-through surgery was still fairly experimental when I had my surgery in 1976.  I had the standard ileostomy surgery, though my parents tried to talk me out of it.  I was 18 thought how good will this new procedure be in 10 let alone 41.  I've never looked back and like you I've led an active life.  Ostomy products have improved dramatically since 1976.

Mike Q

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi there, thanks for your write-up....

im going through the process of trying to get ‘best-fit’ for my ileostomy....tried several combinations and still having seepages.....it’s been 8 months now. As had two formed. First was too sunk in and so after 4 months he made it into a better one....but alas this has retracted back to quite flat. I wear convex and ring, but still bags only last a day without stinging and leaking. Good to hear your positive outlook.

Wendy x

Past Member
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Mr Seeker.... Could I possibly ask you a few questions about ostomy armour.... It's a brand I'm considering, just not sure if it works with my two piece Hollister... 

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.