Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,591 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,591 OstoMates.

Day Six Post Colostomy Reversal

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 am

Well I want to start by thanking this community for all of the information I have read during the past three months.   I had emergency surgery on June 10 for ruptured colon.   Ended up with temp colostomy and hernia.  I just had my reversal surgery and hernia repair on 9/19/17 and I am still in hospital waiting on first BM.  The question I had, I am passing tons of gas and just started soft foods last night.... How long after I start eating will I have first bm?  Also, this surgery was more painful than my emergency surgery in June.... I think because of the hernia repair... Any other folks that have had reversal and hernia repair feel it is a more painful procedure?  Thanks 

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 am

Hi Bill!

I know am posting way late probably you wont be getting this, my sister has had her ostomy surgery mid of december due to ovarian cancer, ostomy supplies in tanzania are very expensive i cant afford them, please if you still have and left that you havent give away please help us we need them.

Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Moldable Technology
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.