Leaking

In this discussion
Replies
Views
skylarose

I have had a bladder bag full time since 2001. I am 59.

TODAY out of the blue, I started urinating (like a normal person). Had a strange sensation, which caused my eyes to water, and I have had to change my clothes 4 times. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE when I wear a bag? I'm so scared to go to the doctor. There's no smell to it and it's reddish brown in color.

If you have experienced anything similar, please share.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello skylarose.

I woud suggest you get a sample of this urine in a clean container (which you should be able to get from your doctor's surgery of th pharmacy) Take it to your doctor and explain what is happening. These things should not be left to chance and finding out what is amiss earlier rather than later might set your mind at rest. If you need treatment it is always better to have it as early as possible. 

What you describe is not uncommon in 'normal' people but it might indicate a urinary infection, which can be cleared up in no time with antibiotics. With a bladder bag it may still be the same type of thing but the important thing (with or without a bag) is to get it checked out as quickly as possible.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Newbie Dana

Gee, I was going to post, and read Bill's post first, and all I have to say now is:

"What he said!"

Thanks, Bill, you hit the nail on the head!