Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 34-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,086 OstoMates

Resolutions, Anyone?

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:09 pm
This should really go on the new topic Happy New Year, so I do wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year.  I used to make resolutions, and they were wonderful; I would smell every rose, enjoy each sunset, breathe each breath of fresh air with joy, etc.  But after this year I think I have changed just a bit.  All the above are worthy, but I think now that I resolve that whatever happens to me I want to greet it with dignity and as much grace as I can muster.  It may not be beautiful in the traditional sense, but there might be a special beauty there.  I don't know if you can understand this.  It just means I want to be accepting of whatever comes my way.

Last edited by Maryallison on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:45 pm
What you said is totally understood and absolutely wonderful.   I love you bunchies Smile  Hope I can follow your example.
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:49 pm
Dear Doe, I absolutely love you right back!
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:43 am
I like that too Maryallison!  Acceptance and contentment......what a wonderful place to be!  I think I shall strive for the same.  Happy New Year!  Debi
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:00 am
Hi Mary,
I know I can be a goofball and muck around a lot but I like the way you think. we cannot control what life brings us nor can we ever understand what life is about or why were here. God knows since my Father died I have been asking that very question a lot. All I can come up with is this,; I was put on this planet to not so much make a difference to the world but to make a difference in peoples lives. To laugh when you really don't feel like it. To love when you get the chance. To live while I still have breath and a heartbeat and to fight even against insurmaountable odds. my battle with Crohns Disease is my battle. It may resemble the battle others have gone through with the diferent ailments, surgery botches and numerous mdical problems that brought them to this web site. it's my battle. But even though I have fought and crawled and at times felt like just giving up and ending it all I think of what the world would be like without my wit, warped sense of humour and inane comments. Some may dislike it  while others may enjoy it to bits. I have just 1 resolution I have had since I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1996. Live each day like it's my last. take every opportunity that comes my way and run with it. To put a smile on someones face each and every day. The last one is more important to me than anything else. My wife thinks at times I,m a complete nutcase. But each morning I am happy that i,m alive, that i can get up and do stuff around the place and give my all to everything I do.
Accepting whatever comes your way is great,, its what you do with it that makes it exceptional. Big hugs Mary,, keep fighting on its well worth the effort,,,,, Happy New Year everyone

Love to you all

Stevexoxo
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:29 am
Awww Steve ..... hope you put some of that in your resume, it was lovely, as are you all x x x
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:20 am
LETTER TO MYSELF FOR A NEW YEAR
Today starts a new year, And I enter this year with hope as I did all the years before this.  I hope that with a new year comes a new understanding within myself.  I am a loner and at times it is very hard to be alone, being alone brings loneliness and I still long for the companionship of a good friend . As for myself I have known true love she was with me for what seemed like only seconds and then she was gone. She was the love of my life in body, heart, mind and soul. Although in the end I drove her away I know that I have felt what most never get the chance to feel in there life and for me that is enough.  So living with a ostomy  is easy  because I endured living with a broken heart. Over the last couple years I have slowly learned she is never coming  back and understanding that healed me and although I will never stop loving her I now know we could never be again.  So now I seek to understand and find acceptance and that has to start inside myself. I am the person who in a former life I would have never accepted for a partner or maybe for even a friend.  So becoming an ostomate has taught me many things that I would  have never learned before.  There is a Beautiful Lady on here who is unashamed of her ostomy .  She wears a bikini at a crowded pool with no thoughts of if other will accept her. I am nowheres near that strong but hope to be someday. Until then I will continue to be a loner but she will be my hope,  my inspiration of a new year to come.
RICK
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:31 am
Hugs Rick from across the pond. xxxx
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:44 am

Gus wrote:
Hi Mary,
I know I can be a goofball and muck around a lot but I like the way you think. we cannot control what life brings us nor can we ever understand what life is about or why were here. God knows since my Father died I have been asking that very question a lot. All I can come up with is this,; I was put on this planet to not so much make a difference to the world but to make a difference in peoples lives. To laugh when you really don't feel like it. To love when you get the chance. To live while I still have breath and a heartbeat and to fight even against insurmaountable odds. my battle with Crohns Disease is my battle. It may resemble the battle others have gone through with the diferent ailments, surgery botches and numerous mdical problems that brought them to this web site. it's my battle. But even though I have fought and crawled and at times felt like just giving up and ending it all I think of what the world would be like without my wit, warped sense of humour and inane comments. Some may dislike it  while others may enjoy it to bits. I have just 1 resolution I have had since I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1996. Live each day like it's my last. take every opportunity that comes my way and run with it. To put a smile on someones face each and every day. The last one is more important to me than anything else. My wife thinks at times I,m a complete nutcase. But each morning I am happy that i,m alive, that i can get up and do stuff around the place and give my all to everything I do.
Accepting whatever comes your way is great,, its what you do with it that makes it exceptional. Big hugs Mary,, keep fighting on its well worth the effort,,,,, Happy New Year everyone

Love to you all

Stevexoxo

Dear, dear, dear Gus....your post here really moves me; you ARE a man with a large heart and soul.  You make our posts rock!!!
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:59 am
Nope cant think of a thing!!---Oh be more patient with female drivers & old male drivers with flat caps & glasses , in their Hondas, doing 28 MPH in a 60 zone....Other than that , business as usual.
Just take care out there, the Black Jeep behind you , might just be me!!
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:29 am
Well Maryallison, my first surgery was at the age of ten ...but I was officially diagnosed with Crohn's at 13 and I have fought death five times ...now at the age of 43 I think, wow, this world just can't get rid of me!  lol       I'm ....still ....heeeeere!
(evil twinkle in her eye)  lol  

Life with Crohn's is like living with a demon but we just need to become bigger than that demon, that's all.  Smile    ....and that plants the seeds of thought for 2010 !  

Now, I'm gonna go eat a bunch of stuff I'm not supposed to eat, drink stuff I'm not supposed to drink, walk under a ladder, spill salt, break a mirror, open an umbrella in the house,  and run with scissors .....I say bring it all on baby!  Very Happy  

You know, when I became a Knife-thrower and was taught to do wicked Bull Whip acts, I  had so much fun....got out a LOT of my aggression!  Maybe I'll get back into that one day.  (Puts on her black leather and her mask)  as far as I'm concerned, Crohn's and anything else rotton in life can bow to me and lick my boots ...(sharply cracks her whip)  I'M in control ...not IT.  Wink

~Your feisty sistah Doe!

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:11 pm
Go Doe! xx

I am struggling today to deal with things, keep crying, feeling quite alone somehow, although I know I am not ... just New Year blues I hope .... things can surely only get better they say, (ah, but I've heard that one before ....!)
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 pm

lottagelady wrote:
Go Doe! xx

I am struggling today to deal with things, keep crying, feeling quite alone somehow, although I know I am not ... just New Year blues I hope .... things can surely only get better they say, (ah, but I've heard that one before ....!)

Hiya Rachey!  No no no....no sweet sis of mine gonna feel sad.....get ready, I'm comin' over!  Smile   I'll teach you to throw some knives and crack this whip!  Oh I am so serious, I wish I could teach you to do this....what a release!!   Oddly enough, I am shy as a rabbit in most social situations and hide in the shadows....but in costume with stage 'toys' and if I'm wearing my masks and no one can see who I am, I have all the courage in the world.   That is stupid when I think about it, ....ah well.  Rachey think about all the things you do have sweetie and all the love and friendship you've got out here...I know sometimes that doesn't help as much as we wish it could.  I hope you can lift your spirits....have a special "Rachey Day" today....get outside ...go shopping....rent some comedy to pop into the dvd player....

....someone fetch me a feather! I'm gonna pull off her socks and we'll tickle her feet!!  Very Happy

~Love from your Doe!
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm

WOUNDED DOE wrote:

lottagelady wrote:
Go Doe! xx

Hiya Rachey!  No no no....no sweet sis of mine gonna feel sad.....get ready, I'm comin' over!  Smile   I'll teach you to throw some knives and crack this whip!  Oh I am so serious, I wish I could teach you to do this....what a release!!   Oddly enough, I am shy as a rabbit in most social situations and hide in the shadows....but in costume with stage 'toys' and if I'm wearing my masks and no one can see who I am, I have all the courage in the world.   That is stupid when I think about it, ....ah well.  Rachey think about all the things you do have sweetie and all the love and friendship you've got out here...I know sometimes that doesn't help as much as we wish it could.  I hope you can lift your spirits....have a special "Rachey Day" today....get outside ...go shopping....rent some comedy to pop into the dvd player....

....someone fetch me a feather! I'm gonna pull off her socks and we'll tickle her feet!!  Very Happy

~Love from your Doe!

You have made me cry again and smile at the same time, you lovely woman! (at least I have no make up on today....)

I have been out with my boys on the Downs - it has been a beautiful crisp sunny but cold day, and I met lots of people I knew so that was nice.

Think, as I only had an hours sleep the night before last, and it is now dark, and I hurt more when it is cold, and my ex has been professing undying love and it's New Year's Day etc etc etc it has just made me feel a bit more wobbly than usual. I'm okay now, thank you xxxxxxxxx
  Past Member
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 pm

WOUNDED DOE wrote:
as far as I'm concerned, Crohn's and anything else rotton in life can bow to me and lick my boots ...(sharply cracks her whip)  I'M in control ...not IT.  Wink

~Your feisty sistah Doe!

..............ok....i am scared......and i aint scared of nutthin!!!!
er..... steve......i belive your sword play has a little competition
doe has a whip...and she knows how to use it!!!!!

Go to page: 1, 2, 3  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.