Need Prostate Biopsied

Replies
Views
New Orleans guy

Had colon and rectum removed due to colitis, now have ileostomy for 3 years. Need a prostate biopsy due to a high PSA number and a suspicious area shown on an MRI. Doc can't go through anus, but can stick a needle around the perineal area to get to prostate. Has anyone ever had a prostate biopsy like this?

iMacG5

Hi NOguy.  I have not but two friends have.  Another had it done through the urethra.  I guess it's gonna be uncomfortable for a while but, the good news is all three are over it with no evidence of the big C.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ostomy71

Hi. Get a second opinion about entering through the anal area. I have had an ileostomy for 46 years and recently went through the same - high PSA and MRI found a spot on the prostate. The biopsy was done by the MRI doctor who entered through an opening where the rectal segment was removed.

Hope things go well and all is good with your biopsy. Also, hope this helps. Tom