Super Good Product

Replies
Views
Jenerprise

So, I use Coloplast products and have been really happy with them.

One challenge and annoyance was on the days I change the bag, the adhesive pulled so terribly the entire experience was miserable.

I tried their adhesive remover wipes and it totally made all the difference. There is no pain or pulling anymore.

I wanted to share this as I would hate for others to go through additional unnecessary discomfort.

Jen

Bill

Hello Jenerprise.

Thank you for your post, which is a reminder of one of those little things we do daily that make so much difference to our comfort. Perhaps your tip should be added to the stoma tips in the 'collections' section.

Personally, I use an adhesive remover spray rather than the wipes but the overall effect is the same. I just like the way that, starting from the top, the spray makes the wafer peel off unaided and pain-free. Considering how tightly it is stuck on there, it feelsĀ amazing to watch it coming away all on its own.

Maybe I'm too easily entertained!

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Jenerprise

Thanks for the note, Bill.

I totally agree about the little things that make the difference!!

Newbie Dana

I use the Aqua Seal barrier over my faceplate, so a spray adhesive remover doesn't work. After trying a few different remover wipes, I settled on Uni-Solve. It has alcohol in it, but also a little bit of some kind of oil. It totally removes all the adhesive from both the faceplate and the Aqua Seal, and is gentle on my skin. You just have to remember to use a moist wipe to completely remove the oil residue and dry the skin (I usually just fan it with the new faceplate a few times) before putting on the new faceplate.

I am totally with you - the remover wipes make all the difference between a painful replacement and one that is easy as pie!