Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,591 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,591 OstoMates.

Antibiotic Related Candida & Yeast Infections (ladies)

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:46 pm

This post is for any female that has had to be subjected to endless antibiotics on their ostomy journey and then  discovered that they had become "blessed" with some kind of yeast infection, I may have come across the answer for you!!

In 2012 I went through exactly that. I developed Candida because of it and even a MONTH of Diflucan did absolutely nothing. But recently I have come across a product that has erradicated it!! Just had my Pap smear and it is gone! Smile))))) 5 years before I found this. I was looking at something else on Amazon one day  and came across this curious homeopathic product. I am a great believer of Homeopathy so it caught my attention. After reading the reviews, I was convinced to at least give it a shot. It took 10 days of following the instructions which is simply inserting a capsule up your V at night before bed. Some people only used it 3 days, but after 5 years of this scourge I wanted to be sure! It WORKED! And it was cheap! Less than $20.

NutraBlast Boric Acid Vaginal Suppositories - 30 Count, 600mg - 100% Pure Made in USA - Boric Life Intimate Health Support (I found them on Amazon)

And here is a link to a great article from the Dr. Axe website on the uses of Boric Acid- who knew!

https://draxe.com/boric-acid/

Hope this helps someone on this site!!Smile)

Vikinga

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

When my daughter was a lifeguard at a local  pool years ago, she developed a vaginal yeast infection.  The doc prescribed a boric acid suppository for her, but the pharmacy didn't have them, they had to compound the script.  It was over $100 for a small # of them(don't remember how many).  But it did the trick.  She needed a refill, so I bought empty capsules and filled them with boric acid, at a cost of less than $10.  Those were just as good as the pharmacy.  I don't think she ever had another problem.  I still have that bottle of boric acid and use it for insect bait. 

Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi Lisbett!  My ex wife had that issue otherwise and she started taking higher dose vitamin C and it helped a lot.  The boric acid suggestion above is in line with that because yeast have a hard time surviving in an acitic environment.  I guess you could put some in your pouch, but I don't know how that would affect wear time or irritation.  Just some thoughts.  Happy Holidays!  Tom

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am

Uh Tom, Putting Boric Acid in your pouch is useless for the issue addressed in my post. I take a LOT of supplements as well as a lot of Vit C which is great, BUT for the problem particular to we LADIES, it needs to be put where only we can put it.

Happy Holidays to you too!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.