ConvaTec - request sample
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Meet and talk to 18,132 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 18,132 OstoMates.

Showering with appliance on and how to keep dry

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:11 pm

How to keep bag dry while showering

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:18 pm

I shower with my bag on, it gets wet, and it's never an issue. I dry it with a towel just like the rest of me when I get out.

Are you having issues with it coming off in the shower?

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 pm

I do shower with my bag also, and I haven't had any problem. Towel & blow dryer to dry it out. Reason why I do  love 'Coloplast' among others.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 am

I've been using a shower guard that fits like an apron sort of.

They last about a year and a half to two years until the belt gets

brittle and breaks. $30 somethng bucks. See the link below...

https://www.cmostomysupply.com/shower-gard/

Take care... Kevin

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Not water proof but keeps water from directly contacting the flange.  I often get 10 days before I need to change my flange. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=HPQBOuHO9ds

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:34 am

Hello,

Whilst I've got a J pouch as of four weeks ago, I used to just shower with the bag on and uncovered. I used the Coloplast Sensura Mio bags and I would just cover the filter with one of the stickers that come with the bags. As said by someone else, I just dried the bag with a towel, even though those types of bags had a cloth-like surface.

Good luck with everything,

Hamish

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:27 pm

I shower with my bag off.  Just my flange.  I still get the same amount of wear time that I did when I was showering with my bag.  Obviously, my pouch is the first thing I put on when I get out, but I love that nothing is wet when I'm getting ready in the morning.  Smile  

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:38 pm

I fold a small trash bag over a very long support belt and tie it around my waist.  The entire bundle stays pretty dry.  Also, alot cheaper than the shower apron.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Many thanks to all. Love this Ostomy site. So many willing helpers.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 pm

Best way to keep the bag dry is to stop showering, but that creates other issues...

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:52 am

Hi there.   Why do you have to keep it dry?    These appliances are made to survive showering, swimming and whatever!   Dry all around it and the pouch itself with your towel or a hair dryer after showering.   Better still,  if you can take it off when showering the water is amazing for your skin.   Cheers, Ngaire.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 am

I use one of those nurses plastic aprons, folded over and trimmed to fit, and just tie it around my waist above my bag.   Works great at keeping my bag dry.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:02 am

I change my skin bairier and pouch twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.  I shower with it off and have never had any issues.  There have been a few times that there were some leaks when I was first learning about everything but for the most part it has been ok.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.