Grateful for the Ostomy: Reflecting on Life's Blessings

Replies
Views
iMacG5

I'm just guessing we had some ostomy related situations over the last few days and might have even referred to it with a nasty inflection or two.  Sorry if that's the case and I hope we all had a happy Christmas and can have encouraging expectations for the new year.   I wonder how many of us wouldn't be here if not for that darn stoma.

Holiday blessings to all,

Mike 

PinkSurvivor

I would be pushing up the daisies if not for the ol' stoma. 7 years of going to the store and never without "a bag"!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,426 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

Love your attitude.

Mike

Bill

Hello Mike and thanks for the kind thoughts.  Eating more than we 'normally' do can cause problems at this time of the year but hopefully, the indulgencies won't have to great a consequence that we wish we havdn't 'enjoyed' ourselves quite so much. 

Best wishes for the coming year.

Bill

iMacG5

Hi Bill. It just occurred to me that, if not for the ostomy, I would not have made your acquaintance. I would not have been the recipient of so much wisdom from you and so many kind, generous, caring, empathic and compassionate folks sharing this site. Thank you and thanks to all of you!
Sincerely,
Mike

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Mike. Thank you for your kind words.  If it was not for my stoma, I would not have moved from being 'disabled' to 'enabled'.

Best wishes

Bill