Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
ConvaTec - Less Effort More Ease
ConvaTec - request sample
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets

Colostomy reversal

Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:50 pm

I just had a colostomy reversal two weeks ago.  I had a davinci robot assisted hysterectomy last July and it burned by sigmoid colon as well as perforated my jejunum through and through. The doctor didn't know it. I had a half a gallon of sepsis two days later. Was rushed to a different closer hospital where they saved my life. I had a sigmoid colectomy, a jejunum resection and a colostomy in august and late December I was well enough for a reversal or "takedown ". It took a day only before things started kicking in and went home the following day. I have had no issues and am feeling fantastic. The process they use to prepare you is well received and works   

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Wish you the best!! Be careful as you continue to recover!! God bless! Angelicamarie

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:30 pm

I had my reversal surgery December of last year. I had totally freaked myself reading about the horrible outcomes and spending months at home near a bathroom!!  Either I have the best surgeons or I’m extremely lucky but the reversal was not too bad. I spent 5 days in hospital and was Home.  It took several weeks for my system to return to “normal” but it was never a dire emergency where I couldn’t get to a bathroom!!!

would love to share more if you’re interested, 

kate

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi, always good to share especially as we're all different and a good story gives others hope xx

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:27 pm
HI, I'm AL from Harahan, married, no kids, permanent ostomy for 3 yrs or so. Retired also, used to do triathlons up until I got colitis and c. diff and removal of colon. To be honest, I went through a depression with the ileostomy, always afraid of leaks and self-conscious. Not so bad now... Good luck on your reversal, you will be your old self again soon!! We sure have had some freaky weather lately!! Take care sweetie!! Al
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 am

Well New Orleans guy it looks like we are fixing to get real freaky weather...

Thank you all for the input and well wishes. I go to New Orleans tomorrow in this nasty weather to talk and schedule my surgery. Prayers appreciated.

J5
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am

Hi Everyone,

My Mum just had a colostomy reversal don on the 4th of Jan 2018, the doctors here in Nigera?? well i dont think they even know what the post-op issues are so no one has told us what to expect or not. she was discharged 11 days later, she got home and we discovered pus comingout of the wound, this was drained, and just a few mins ago, the doctor dresed it and discovered the wound has now opened and is not healing.

My mum was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer which was what led to this colostomy. Please i need some counselling on what to expect, im already at my wits end.

J5
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 am

HI,

You are so lucky! please did you encounter any challenges?

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 pm
Jenerprise wrote:

I just had a colostomy reversal two weeks ago.  I had a davinci robot assisted hysterectomy last July and it burned by sigmoid colon as well as perforated my jejunum through and through. The doctor didn't know it. I had a half a gallon of sepsis two days later. Was rushed to a different closer hospital where they saved my life. I had a sigmoid colectomy, a jejunum resection and a colostomy in august and late December I was well enough for a reversal or "takedown ". It took a day only before things started kicking in and went home the following day. I have had no issues and am feeling fantastic. The process they use to prepare you is well received and works   

Jenerprise, I just got my (hopefully) temporary colostomy. I had it done emergent in Wisconsin. I'm curious if there's a surgeon you recommend in MN? I'd like to have a back up that isn't 5 hours away... Wink

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:02 pm
Praying for you
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:20 am
FYI. Their is a lady who attends the monthly UOAA in Minneapolis that has had a reversal and she attends to support people in similar situations. The meeting is the 3rd Monday of the month. I try to send out reminders a few weeks prior to the meetings if you want me to put you on the list ?

Chris
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Yes!!!  I actually won't allow another surgeon to touch me.  Dr. Mark Sneider. He saved my life when i was brought into the ER and did my reversal 6 months later

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi Chris!

i reached out to Eileen and told her I would attend the St. Paul meeting if she would like that. It sounds like that woman has the other side of the river covered:). Thanks for the note!!

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Please feel free to email me directly:  gross067

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 pm

People who have successful reversals often migrate away from this site.  Those with complications or who are incontinent are more likely to come back here.  So, you likely are not seeing a true crosssection of those who have had reversals.

Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.