Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,873 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,873 OstoMates.

Continent Ileostomy

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Does anyone here have a continent ileostomy? I have had one since 1980, having had a conventional ileostomy for four years and deciding to have the conversion. I realize so much has changed in the options available in the last 38 years, but I was just wondering if anyone else has one? 

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 pm

I've got mine at the Mayo Clinic in 1979. Have you had your shoulder surgery?

Last edited by Zappo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks for responding! I got mine first at Mt. Sinai in NYC, and after two repairs, went to the Cleveland Clinic for the third revision. I havwent had any problems since. How are you doing?

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm

My last repair was also at the Cleveland Clinic.  No problems for last six years.  Did you have your shoulder surgery?

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 pm

I've been having shoulder pain and thinking of going to a doctor. Never thought about how I would handle surgery.

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:14 pm

One last comment.  If you are on Facebook, there are two groups for continent ileostomies.  Just search for Koch Pouch.  Lots of collective wisdom.

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Oh, thanks for the info! I will check that out. I live in an area where the medical community is clueless as about the CI, so i feel isolated and insecure I may need any medical care. I thought I might need a hysterectomy and was worried about that, but so far, that’s not an issue!

who did your Kock pouch! Dr. Fazio did mine at CC in 1981.

and yes, I had major shoulder surgery almost four years ago. Did I post that on here? I don’t remember that -lol! It was very challenging, for many reasons. I’m doing fine now. However,  my yoga practice and teaching have changed quite a bit.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.