Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

Bowel Blockage

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:44 pm

tiger227 wrote:
Hi Rachel

Sorry to hear movicol did not work for you, guess we have to find something that suits our stystems.
I haven't had any trouble with blockage since I started taking it.
I find if I eat to much fruit, it makes my stoma smart and very painful, I do eat a lot of greens tho, guess that helps, but if I didn't take my movicol I would be in agony.
By the way I have tried everything under the sun before I found a product that suited me.

Take care
Love and hugs
Jean

Hi Jean, thanks for that ... maybe I'll give the Movicol another try?

At the moment although my stoma appears to be working okay - I have felt nauseous now for maybe 2 weeks non stop ... have it from waking to going back to bed, but does seem to be a bit worse in the evenings after I've had my main meal of the day. I've tried greasy foods, high fibre foods, rice etc etc but cannot seem to throw off this nausea (am now taking Domperidone, Omeprazole and Colofac) whether I eat or not. Doc said to increase the fluids as well - 3 litres - have been doing that all weekend but it just seems to be making me feel more sick, though am not quite getting to 3 litres, maybe 2+.

Any ideas guys? I suspect I'm brewing for a hospital visit soon! Hope not ....... xxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:02 am
peppermint helps me a lot with nausea. It may help you. ??
xoxoxo, hannah
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 pm
Helps me too -- peppermint tea is nice - not too strong a flavor.

I've heard that ginger is good for nausea - haven't tried it.
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 pm
Peppermint as an esential oil is good for a lot of things. Providing its a pure oil. You can rub 2 drops in the palm of your hands and onto your chest to improve breathing, put a drop in water to aid digestion and calm the gut,, rub a drop on each side of your throat to improve concentration, give you a lift and open the airways.

My wife and I have just started using young living essential oils, and taking a daily dose of Ning xia wolfberry juice,. it's reduced my fatigue levels and  made me feel vitalised. as well as taking mineral supplements frommthe same company I have healed my bad toe nails and my skin is way better. now I just need something to fix my rotator cuff problem
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:03 am
Gus, I have looked for pure, peppermint oil and cant find it.
I'll send you to my shoulder guy, he fixed my rotator cuff up real nice! lol
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Txgirl wrote:
Gus, I have looked for pure, peppermint oil and cant find it.
I'll send you to my shoulder guy, he fixed my rotator cuff up real nice! lol

I can get any essential oil you need hannah. Just let me know and I'll let you know the price plus shipping.
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:10 pm
I can get any essential oil you need hannah. Just let me know and I'll let you know the price plus shipping.[/quote]

Hi Steve, could you quote for me too please? I've been looking and can only find anything that says "for external use only"!

I'd be interested in the peppermint and the orange oil you mentioned to go in water for drinking without running to the loo every 5 mins!

Rach xx
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 pm
I looked at the site steve and i like the lavender , lemon oil and peppermint i think, maybe another one too but i need to look more. amazing stuff..
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 pm
Hey Hannah!

Which site is that?  I got some pure lavender oil from my health food store, but they didn't have peppermint oil that was for "internal".

I also picked up some Tea Tree oil.  What a great scent, pretty strong and medicinal, but 'clean' - really appeals to me. I know it's good for zits, but it must be great for other things too. I put a drop in the toilet bowl -- which made the bathroom smell great. Then realized my old cat still likes to drink from the toilet every now and then. So nix that idea.
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm
  Hi Beatrice~
                           I'll have Steve give us the info again. I had it in a email from him but i can't find it now! He deals in th eoils and I can't wait to get some.
What does Tea Trea oil smell like? I love smells like sandalwood and stuff too.

Have a great day! xoxox Hannah  

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am
I find Tea Tree oil to be quite a strong and medicinal scent. Think more along the lines of eucalyptus with a punch. I love Sandalwood too ... but it's much softer and milder than Tea Tree.
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 pm
Beatrice,
                I know this is kind of off the subject, maybe a little....if you like candles and aromatherepy oils, scented oils, etc. I order from a place that is from my home town, of Ft.Worth, Tx.
It's products are amazing, very strong scents and unusal ones as well. They have this uncut, scented oil I use in my burners that is amazing. It scents up the whole house burning from one room, yet it isn't weird and overpowering.
the site is www.deejayscandles.com if you're interested.

I go home once a year and everytime I went, I would have to stock up. A few years ago, she got a web site, so now I don't have to worry about buying in bulk. lol
She started in a small, wooden frame home and is still in that house but has other locations now too, I think.

Take care, Hannah
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm
Hi Hannah!  (if this is too off-topic, hope others put up with us for a bit -- but if smelling good scents makes our ostomy-lives better ... then it really isn't off topic )

Thank you so much for telling me about this!  You don't know how many scented candles I buy and go through. Many get junked because the scent when burned is nothing like what the unlit candle smelled like, or the scent is so vague it's not worth burning.

What are your favorites?  So many interesting-looking ones! I see Eucalyptus so will definitely get that. No carnation??? My fav flower scent. I think I might email her and see which of her other scents may be close to carnation. Sometimes Clove is - and I love clove anyways.

Anyone else interested ... or should Hannah and I message each other as we talk candles/scents??
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:51 pm
Beatrice,
              They will put up with us....lol...
I just got the Eucalyptus oil 2 days ago and I love it!!
My favorite scent is "leather"...hush Steve..lmao..it could be because I rodeo'd my whole life or that I love leather purses..lol...but the smell is amazing and guys like the scent too.

The lavender is nice, Texas Bluebonnet is awesome. It just depends on what your favorite smells are.
They last FOREVER and I have tried so many different kinds of candles but nothing compares. They are the only ones I buy.

I also like the tarts. They are so cheap and I put them in a little mini crock pot type thing and melt them. It's just like burning a candle without worrying about the house burning down. I also use them in my tea light burner.

I hope you like them and let me know if you decide to order. I don't work for them, I promise, I just have been a customer for so many year and have never found anything like them, anywhere and I have lived in Europe and in 5 different states!

Love, Hannah
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm
Leather !  

Oh no -- she only ships to U.S. addresses!
Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.