Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 57-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,076 OstoMates

Bowel Blockage

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 pm
OH NO!!!!! I'm sorry! I didn't realize that.

I got you all excited for no reason!
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 pm
Oh... I just had a look at the website and she won't ship out of the US, so no good for us here over the pond... shame, some of those oils sound delicious! xx
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 pm
Well myself I like Water Buffalo Dung scented candle, that way whenever somebody says ''whats that smell''  I just say hey its my new water buffalo dung candle, how do you like it. Of course there is always one who will say it smells like shit. Ed
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:40 pm
Let me know what oils you want and i will send them.. Young living is worldwide.

Oh Hannah diid you say leather
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 pm
lmao Ed

Steve, yes, leather.
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 am
Hi,
I suffered blockages before from popcorn and nuts.  I have given up eating popcorn for a year of so now.  Last week I ate numerous almonds without really being aware of how many I had eaten.  I ended up in outpatients with a stoma flushing that lasted almost 2 hours.  Almonds are also off my list now.   I have never had problems with raw vegetables so far, anyway.

Janice
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 am
Hello
I have a colostomy due to colon cancer. Have had it for almost 4 years. Have never had a blockage but I worry a lot when my output gets very thick. I try to keep a thinner texture but have to avoid much fibre. I avoid most greens other than lettuce. No popcorn, careful Re too many nuts because of their fibre. No corn potoatoe skins, skins of certain fruits such as apples. Also watch gas producers such as beans if I am out in public. Have trie Beano,not much success Re stopping gas.i guess the key is too eat smaller meals and snacks, can’t eat too much or will vomit.
Not for everyone but I have found a beer or two will remedy too thick an output. I eat a lot of yoghurt. canned peaches. Dairy products seem ok. Not too many mashed potatoes.
I guess small pieces of food and chewing well very important..
Have not found any meats that give me trouble but should be careful with sausages ,remove the skin.
Oatmeal porridge is a good soluble fibre, don’t overdo it.
Welcome any discussions Re gas odors etc hope I never get a blockage.
Good luck Have never actually talked in person with a fellow colostomy person I have lots of tips Re travel and dealing with equipment so please ask me for advice. I am a retired pharmacist.
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi Stillkicking,

Welcome. Please post all the tips you can as I'm sure someone will benefit from them!

Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.