Coping with Anxiety and Sickness: Temporary Ileostomy Journey

Replies
Views
Stomarella

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the kind responses. They all made me feel so much better and so less alone. For some reason, I stopped getting notifications that there were responses to this post and maybe I came off as whiny or just another pity party. I am relieved my feelings are validated and there are smart, articulate people like you all to communicate with as I go through this experience.

I had a fun barium enema/CT scan Wednesday and I'm healed up and clear for the reversal. Just have to get the health insurance authorization and all that good stuff and then I can schedule it. As expected, the reversal is giving me anxiety too, as I have read many horror stories, but regardless, I am just looking forward to feeling good/better once again. Having the bag temporarily is kind of a mind trick as you struggle to get used to it and accept it, and just when you start to get the routine down, you get it reversed! But I am not complaining.

Again, just showing some gratitude for these kind, considerate, and empathetic messages. Charo (my stoma) and I think you all rock! xx