3 Strikes and Out

Replies
Views
snugger

Had my first surgery in Feb 2017. Had the first blockage in Oct 2017, second blockage in Nov 2017. Was in Boston when my hernia let go the third time (picked up a 2-gallon water container). Drove to the hospital where I had my original surgery done and was there for 8 days (5 days waiting for the OR room for my doctor). Now on a 90-day no lift restriction. Not fun. Can't do normal things to help my wife like cleaning the house, taking out trash, etc.

But the good news is we are still very intimate and the bag is no bother. I place it in a stretch "girdle" that has pockets to keep the bag in place. Found them online and they work out very well. Sometimes I remove the bag (with the lock system) and attach a small bag (maybe good for 1-2 hours). When done doing what I was doing, I switch back to the drainable bag and resecure the lock mechanism.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Where do you purchase a stretch girdle with pockets for the bag? I appreciate you sharing helpful hints.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate