Question about pets

Replies
Views
freedancer

If a person regularly uses essential oil diffusers, can that put a pet in danger?? ;I have read lately about some animals that have been made very sick from this. Is there certain oils that should not be used around pets?? ;I am considering getting one for companionship and do not want to make them sick. I am a very big user of essential oils and my diffuser is on throughout the day most of the time. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

funnygurl

https://organicaromas.com/blogs/aromatherapy-and-essential-oils/using-essential-oils-around-your-pets-1. this link has a chart of oils to avoid.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vdahl

I keep a diffuser going in the bathroom. I'm careful not to use melaluca/tea tree oil, but other than that, no problems.

Bill

Hello freedancer. Thanks for the post as it's a good question that I had not thought about before

Bill

Hello funnygirl.  Thank you for the link which was very enlightening. However, when reading all the comments about how innaccurate people felt the list was , I now feel not much better informed than before I started reading about it.  Nonetheless, it is still and interesting topic, which apparently needs further investigation by people who are objective as well as informed. 

Best wishes

Bill

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
funnygurl

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1170543171610

Bill

Hello funnygurl. Thank you for the  link - it was well worth listening to as it was very informative.

Best wishes

Bill