ConvaTec - EASE Strips
ConvaTec - Moldable Technology
ConvaTec - Less Pressure More Protection
Meet and talk to 19,458 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,458 OstoMates.
Not your typical ostomy website. See why

OSTOMEY PILLOW

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm

WHO HAS ONE ? DOES IT REALLY WORK ? tIRED OF NOT SLEEPING ON MY STOMACH AND MY WIFE IS TIRED OF WASHING SHEETS WHEN I DO.

THANKS

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm

I dont sleep on my stomach.  That is about the only thing I have found that I can’t do now that I have an ostomy.

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 am

Hello snugger. Thanks for this post as I will be interested to hear what people have to say about the pillows and sleeping on their stomachs. I've always slept on my back so I can't help with the the question but let's hope you get plenty of replies.

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 pm

hello snugger

what i did was built a full body pillow to prop me up so i wouldnt roll over and pop my bag while sleeping since i am not to small of a guy i had to make sure it was stuffed really full so i didnt just roll over it. and if you have someone that sews you can make it washable just in case you do leak. also i used this washable sheets from wallmart so it wasnt to spendy to make it out of a crib cover just sew the edges togther add a zipper then stuff it with old pillows that arent comfy any more or old clothes or an old sleeping bag just what every you can rewash if you have to then every thing is reused not a waste to throw away

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 pm

I have not slept on my stomach since surgery 5 years ago.  I heard that the pillow really works well.  One of my ostomate friends suggested the body pillow women who are pregnant use.  She said that it provides nice support and is super comfortable.  I am thinking about purchasing one but it is a bit pricey for a pillow.  LH

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 am
Appreciate the responses but still not by anyone who has purchased one that is advertised on line
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.