Ostomy Pillow

In this discussion
Replies
Views
snugger

Who has one? Does it really work? Tired of not sleeping on my stomach and my wife is tired of washing sheets when I do.

Thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

funnygurl

I don't sleep on my stomach. That is about the only thing I have found that I can't do now that I have an ostomy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

Hello snugger. Thanks for this post as I will be interested to hear what people have to say about the pillows and sleeping on their stomachs. I've always slept on my back so I can't help with the the question but let's hope you get plenty of replies.

Best wishes

Bill

weewee

Hello Snugger.

What I did was built a full body pillow to prop me up so I wouldn't roll over and pop my bag while sleeping. Since I am not too small of a guy, I had to make sure it was stuffed really full so I didn't just roll over it. And if you have someone that sews, you can make it washable just in case you do leak. Also, I used these washable sheets from Walmart so it wasn't too spendy to make it out of a crib cover. Just sew the edges together, add a zipper, then stuff it with old pillows that aren't comfy anymore or old clothes or an old sleeping bag. Just whatever you can rewash if you have to. Then everything is reused, not a waste to throw away.

LadyHope

I have not slept on my stomach since surgery 5 years ago. I heard that the pillow really works well. One of my ostomate friends suggested the body pillow women who are pregnant use. She said that it provides nice support and is super comfortable. I am thinking about purchasing one but it is a bit pricey for a pillow. LH

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
snugger

Appreciate the responses, but still not by anyone who has purchased one that is advertised online.