Electronic Prescription Service (Appliances) UK

In this discussion
Replies
Views
CALYPSO

Anyone having problems with this service? I haven't received a complete order yet. I've complained to the online ordering, but it's made no difference. The problem I'm having is with the complimentary items - bags, wipes, etc. The prescription items I'm receiving okay. Has anyone experienced similar difficulties???

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello CALYPSO. I use Charter Healthcare and have had no problems. Mind you, I telephone my orders on the freephone system  0-800-132787 to make sure everything I want is on the order.I did try the online ordering once - but if I recall correctly,  the problem with online ordering is that it just repeats the last standing order and if anything was left off, then it gets left off again. There was no flexibility in ordering precisely what I needed each time.

The people on the phone are extremely helpful and I never have a problem when they sort it for me.

I hope this helps

Best wishes Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
CALYPSO

Thank you, Bill, for your reply. Perhaps this method of ordering has not been introduced in your area yet. About April/May last year, I received a leaflet from my doctor telling me to use the NHS Appliance Service for my orders. They then issue the prescription and send it to my chosen supplier, in my case, Respond Manchester. The idea being to free up surgery and doctors' time.

I've used Respond and Pelican products for 10 years, never ever a cause to complain, always friendly and pleasant to deal with, all orders spot on both prescription items and the complementary bags, wet and dry wipe.

My gripe is with the NHS direct line Appliance Service.

Wait till it comes to your area.

Regards, Calypso.

Bill

Hello Calypso.  

No! I've not heard of this one. Let's hope it gets sorted before they roll it out to the rest of the country. Although, if past experiments of this nature are anything to go by, they will roll it out- problems and all.   It seems that the only way to force them to look at improving services is for people to sue and make them pay for their mistakes. Unfortunately, most people do not take this route because we have such an unfair justice system, which favours the rich and powerful at the expense of the poor and vulnerable. Inevitable I suppose, when one looks at who made the rules in the first place.  

Best wishes

Bill 

Past Member

Hello Calypso,

I am using electronic prescription service. At the beginning, it was hard but after a few visits to the doctor (it is the person who makes changes in the prescriptions), it works perfectly. I am going to the pharmacy and with my NHS, they give me part of the bags boxes. After 2 weeks, I get the rest. I have enough and no problems for now.

Take care

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Teddiee

Calypso.......Charles Bullen U.K. are the most amazing suppliers of all....you get extra goodies with each order, and they thrash out any difficulties with your prescription provider for you. On your first order, you get a hang-up wash bag with many pockets, especially superb for ostomy supplies, portable small lightweight protective bed sheets (to take with you on any trips), hand sanitizer. With each order, you get wet wipes, dry wipes, sealable disposal bags - and anything else you need. You don't have to get involved at all. They handle any electronic prescription problem for you. Also, they phone you at your due "ordering time", so you don't even have to remember to re-order your supplies. They also get any brand item you need, regardless of who produces it....as they are not tied or biased to any particular manufacturer. Superb customer care from Bullen. It is definitely worth changing your supplier!!

almelia

I agree - Bullen are superb (I've had all kinds of problems with others including Charter)

I think the problem will be because the complimentary items are not prescription coded.