Navigating the site and talking to other members

In this discussion
Replies
Views
NJ Bain

I just thought I'd post this tutorial on how to navigate this site. I am NOT an administrator for this site, I'm an ostomate just like you, and I'm just trying to help others out.
As some of you may have already noticed, in order to send emails or private chats, you have to be a paying member. There are 6 month, 1 year and lifetime memberships. I myself bought the lifetime membership which was around 59 US. Please see the post below by wcde for pricing. If you are a non paying member, you can still communicate with other members. You can reply to emails or private chats that are sent to you, but you just can't initiate them. And if you really want to get in touch with someone, you can always post it in the forums but remember, everyone can see that post.

Also, if you are one of the top 10 people to contribute to forum posts or blogs, you will receive a 1 month full membership for free allowing you the full benifits of a paying member for one whole month!

On your smart phone or tablet, there is an icon for your avatar or profile picture in the UPPER RIGHT hand corner of the screen once you log in. Just below that, there are 3 horizontal lines with little circles in them. If you click on these lines, you'll see a selection of links to manage your account, upload pictures, etc, etc. I will try to edit this post with pictures so you can see what I'm describing. But if you click on it, you'll see what I mean....lol
In the LOWER RIGHT corner of the screen, there is a box that says "Mobile Chat". If you click on this box, it will open a new page for general and private chatting. Once you've logged in, you are automatically in the general chat area.

In the UPPER LEFT corner of the screen, there is a box with 4 horizontal lines. If you click on this box, you will see a selection of links to the site, and if you scroll down, you can see who is online. If you click on a person that IS online, it will open up their profile and show you a brief description about that person, given they have taken the time to fill out the profile. Please note whether or not that person is here for friendship or support, etc, etc and please treat them accordingly. Not everyone is here looking for a relationship unless they specify so.

If you send someone an email/private chat or talk in the general chat area and no one responds, don't take it personally. Most members, especially those on smart phones or tablets aren't aware they are being talked to or where to check their email. Others might just be shy.

Like I said, this is just a basic post on how to get around the site. Feel free to correct me, add to this post or just ask questions and everyone here, myself included, will do their best to help you with an answer. I am normally online Monday through Friday between 9AM-5PM EST. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Bain

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

countyclare

Greetings Bain,

Thank for your posting. It was very informative and helpful.

Is there any way that all postings can be dated?

Many postings from members are not dated andappear to be old, perhaps obsolete, information and messages.

I have made quite a few attempts to contact the management of this site to request that current dates be included

with all communication to and from members. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to contact management.

Any help from you would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
NJ Bain

countyclare,

All forum posts are dated. At the top of each post, there is a time and date for when it was posted right next to the posters username. Also, when you log in, there is a paper icon to the left of the envelope icon. This will take you to the latest forum post that was created or reponded to. If you do a search in the forums, they are dated as well.

Please let me know if this is not the information you are looking for. I will respond as quickly as possible.

Bain

Past Member

I'm the same im fielding out old chat.jerz