Ileostomy and Chemotherapy

Replies
Views
Swiss miss

Hello everyone on this great site!! I just want to say thanks to everyone who posts - I just found this site and have had ulcerative colitis and a J-pouch resection for 30 years before I had an ileostomy placed in 2013 because of fistulas. Whatever - I should have had it done 10 years before that!! I do triathlons, coach basketball and track, work in insurance, and raised 3 kids through it all. But NOW, I just got diagnosed with breast cancer (after surviving surgery for a blockage), and the chemo is killing me because of dehydration!!! Any suggestions???

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Hi from Jerz in Baltimore. Green bananas, coconut juice. The greener the banana, the better. Eat bananas before they get sweet. It is the key to naturalize side effects of chemo. Neuropathy pain can be neutralized with very hot showers. Showers help rehydration without drinking water. Water turns over in the stomach. When I drank water, the idea is not to vomit out the little you can hold down. I took 2 rounds of chemo by then hands, feet sheed skin. You can live. Hope you do well, Swiss Miss Jerz.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Swiss miss

Thanks for the help!! Will try it all!

Past Member

I have my next doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks and with the help of my new shoes, I am hoping I won't have to get shots in both of my heels again for plantar fasciitis. I also haven't had to wear my boot as long in the evenings. The only thing I wish is that they had a few cuter styles in boots. I love both pairs of Orthofeets that I bought.