Need advice on hiding stoma bump with spandex wrap!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Dandy Dan

I am trying to hide my stoma bump and bag bump. Some days it seems it sticks out more and I don't know what to wear!! Help please!! I've had this since Dec and I am very conscious of this bump!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Sasquatch

Yes, an ostomy wrap is a good way to make it less visible. Just watch out for them, they can cause pancaking issues sometimes. I work in a fairly physical position, I wear one every day to keep my ostomy secure and hidden.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Dandy Dan

Pancaking issue?? I found a site that is nothing but wraps and they want 35 bucks. I guess it's a small price to pay to hide the lumps. Thanks

Sasquatch

Pancaking is where the output from the stoma gets trapped up at the top of the bag and doesn't flow to the bottom like it should. It can decrease the volume that the bag can hold very quickly and cause the seal on your appliance to blow out. Thirty to thirty-five dollars is about the going rate for ostomy wraps. I've been using the ones from Ostomysecrets, there are ads for them on this website, in fact I believe they are owned by ConvaTec who sponsors the site. If you order from them, use the coupon code THANKYOU25 and you'll get 25% off of your order.

Dandy Dan

Ok Sasquatch, thanks for the great info. I've only had this since Dec and everything is new to me. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the info on the wraps and money-saving coupon!!!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Immarsh

Hi Dan,

Finding the right underwear has been an ongoing 50-year quest for me, since I first had my ileostomy done when I was 15. Men and women look for different styles. My ex also had an ileostomy, and he didn't care about the appearance. He was okay with baggy corduroy.

And wore men's long leg whites. It looked lumpy and bumpy to me, but he was happy with it. I was looking for a smoother look to wear with tight jeans, so I wore a stretch panty daily. It kept my pouch in place, and I often wore one under a bathing suit as well until they started making them with a tummy panel. Not suggesting you wear women's undies, but finding a male stretch version might be helpful, and it's one less bulky thing under your pants. Good luck, Marsha

Killarney
Reply to Dandy Dan

What is the name of the site?, cheers