Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,240 members

Social change

Posted by Rosiesmom, on Sat May 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi Dan, sorry you are having a difficult time of it. Everyone comes to this new normal of living with an ostomy in thier own way and time. I have had Rosie (my stoma) for 4 years now, and I can honestly say I am blessed to have her. I am LIVING a very good life. It truly does not do you any good to look in the readies mirror rather keep looking forward to the opportunity of living every day. I do not FB but there is no reason you can't. I don't think FB has a prerequisite that you must share all. You may be physically different now but you are still you. Dan my Mother had a saying it is very true. "There is always some poor bugger worse of than you" I was born and raised in Scotland haha. I hope that you will get the confidence back, from the truly caring people on this site sharing thier strength with you. Good luck and God Bess. Gail aka  p.s. That was rear view mirror ha.

Reply by ron in mich, on Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am
hi all, dan I know what you mean I use to go on FB all the time and now after my recent surgery I don't much bother with it or go to youtube or other sites, I would rather read a book and take a nap.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.