Ostomy's Impact on Social Life?

Replies
Views
Rosiesmom

Hi Dan, sorry you are having a difficult time of it. Everyone comes to this new normal of living with an ostomy in their own way and time. I have had Rosie (my stoma) for 4 years now, and I can honestly say I am blessed to have her. I am living a very good life. It truly does not do you any good to look in the rearview mirror rather keep looking forward to the opportunity of living every day. I do not use Facebook but there is no reason you can't. I don't think Facebook has a prerequisite that you must share all. You may be physically different now but you are still you. Dan, my mother had a saying that is very true. "There is always some poor bugger worse off than you." I was born and raised in Scotland, haha. I hope that you will get the confidence back from the truly caring people on this site sharing their strength with you. Good luck and God bless. Gail aka ;p.s. That was a rearview mirror, ha.

ron in mich

Hi all, can I know what you mean? I used to go on Facebook all the time, but now, after my recent surgery, I don't bother with it much or go to YouTube or other sites. I would rather read a book and take a nap.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.