Just an update

Replies
Views
freedancer

I got my staples out yesterday and it was such a relief! While at the doctor's office, the osteo nurse checked on the sore areas I was having trouble with. He said it was irritated areas where some stubborn stitches were. He was able to remove them and stated the irritated skin should heal up now. I had my checkup with the doctor and he reiterated about how concerned he had been about the stoma that had strictured so badly. He stated he had to totally cut that part out and make a new stoma. He said the intestines were so enlarged that it was a miracle they had not burst due to nothing getting through the pinhole stricture. He said it will take some time for my intestines to go back to the normal size. He was very pleased with the healing and was very reassuring that I will now be able to eat regular food, even a salad! I cannot believe how well "New Maxine" is working. I have had zero pain except for the irritated skin area. Before the revision, everything I ate caused severe pain and kept me up for days. Now, I get sleep at night instead of sitting in my chair with the heating pad in pain. Things are looking up!

Angelicamarie

Free, good morning. So happy you now know what was causing you issues. I hope it will heal well, and you'll be on your way to eating good and sleeping well. Best wishes, angel.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,317 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

funnygurl

Congrats!

Mrs.A

This is wonderful news. So glad you are on the mend and heading to a better way of life.

dadnabbit

Freedancer--So glad to hear there was an explanation. Sometimes I think that the "not knowing" is even more painful than the actual pain-causing issue!! Won't it be a pleasure to eat again? Enjoy!!

Peace

Nancy

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister